Help in choosing the right Frenchie!

G_A

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We have decided to buy a Frenchie for our daughter's 7th bday towards the end of July. As we are very early in the process I would put out all our ideas and hopefully some feedback from you guys can help us choose the best Frenchie available :)

I would first like to post a picture of a Frenchie I found on the web that we really loved the looks of. I sent this picture to a couple of breeders I found on the web, only to find they don't have Frenchie's in such a color, and that it's not a standard color of a Frenchie. Still, don't you find this guy/girl great looking?!?)

I then contacted a good friend of mine who owns a Frenchie and asked him for some recommendations. Here is a picture of his dog - who he pointed out has a long nose which is important to look out for.

Now, as for the options that are out door right now for us:

There is quite a popular breeder here that is dealing with exotic coloured Frenchie's and under my impression is more into the business side of the story. She has 2 boy puppies right now in black and fawn color available. As they are very young it's hard to tell about their personalities from the short videos I received - and as these are not 'standard' I am not sure whether I should buy them or more like buy from this specific breeder. Can't seem to upload the videos she sent.

I then looked further and spoke to 2 breeders that have only standard Frenchie's but they don't have any puppies available right now and are expecting the next one's only in the Autumn. A 3rd breeder has 2 girls at the age of 6 months in brindle available for sale. She sent me their videos and one of them seems very lovely on it. I am leaning more towards the 6 months old that the of the 2 boy puppies but I am thinking on we are missing in getting a 6 month old rather than a 2 month old puppy.

Finally, there are many random people selling all kinds of puppies on a local e-commerce website, but with these it's impossible to know for sure what pedigree these have and even though some look super sweet and look similar to the Frenchie from the first picture I posted, it seems kind of risky buying there.

What do you guys recommend us doing:
1. Buy one of the 2 male puppies?
2. Buy the 6 months old?
3. Wait for the puppies in the autumn?
4. Buy from someone random a puppy now (not an official breeder)?

Appreciate your feedback in advance,
Guy

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-19 at 10.28.44 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-19 at 10.28.44 PM.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 12
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-05-20 at 11.41.30 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-20 at 11.41.30 AM.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 12

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We have decided to buy a Frenchie for our daughter's 7th bday towards the end of July. As we are very early in the process I would put out all our ideas and hopefully some feedback from you guys can help us choose the best Frenchie available :)

I would first like to post a picture of a Frenchie I found on the web that we really loved the looks of. I sent this picture to a couple of breeders I found on the web, only to find they don't have Frenchie's in such a color, and that it's not a standard color of a Frenchie. Still, don't you find this guy/girl great looking?!?)

I then contacted a good friend of mine who owns a Frenchie and asked him for some recommendations. Here is a picture of his dog - who he pointed out has a long nose which is important to look out for.

Now, as for the options that are out door right now for us:

There is quite a popular breeder here that is dealing with exotic coloured Frenchie's and under my impression is more into the business side of the story. She has 2 boy puppies right now in black and fawn color available. As they are very young it's hard to tell about their personalities from the short videos I received - and as these are not 'standard' I am not sure whether I should buy them or more like buy from this specific breeder. Can't seem to upload the videos she sent.

I then looked further and spoke to 2 breeders that have only standard Frenchie's but they don't have any puppies available right now and are expecting the next one's only in the Autumn. A 3rd breeder has 2 girls at the age of 6 months in brindle available for sale. She sent me their videos and one of them seems very lovely on it. I am leaning more towards the 6 months old that the of the 2 boy puppies but I am thinking on we are missing in getting a 6 month old rather than a 2 month old puppy.

Finally, there are many random people selling all kinds of puppies on a local e-commerce website, but with these it's impossible to know for sure what pedigree these have and even though some look super sweet and look similar to the Frenchie from the first picture I posted, it seems kind of risky buying there.

What do you guys recommend us doing:
1. Buy one of the 2 male puppies?
2. Buy the 6 months old?
3. Wait for the puppies in the autumn?
4. Buy from someone random a puppy now (not an official breeder)?

Appreciate your feedback in advance,
Guy

Black Frenchie I have seen a few of, not many.

I have a fawn Frenchie, and I see ALOT of the fawns! A lot of the fawns I have seen(including my fawn Frenchie), most of them have a bit of a nose not full squished nose(a little bit longer nose). Which is good.

If it was me, I would get the Fawn puppy.

I highly recommend avoiding getting a puppy from a person who isn’t a breeder/random person. They usually are scammers or from puppy Mills!

Pet insurance is still highly recommended!

Keep up updated😊
I’m happy to help!

Gigi&Koji🐶🐶

Reaction score
I think I would wait . I just got one that's a year old an its been tough getting him use to my family of 5 kids . But maybe at 6 months it would be a easier transition 🤷‍♀️

G_A

Reaction score
We found another breeder this morning who has puppies and we have chosen our new family member. My daughter decided that her name will be Lola. She will be picked up when she turns 10 weeks old in early July :) isn't she lovely?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-22 at 5.58.46 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-22 at 5.58.46 PM.jpeg
    361.5 KB · Views: 15

Gigi&Koji🐶🐶

Reaction score
We found another breeder this morning who has puppies and we have chosen our new family member. My daughter decided that her name will be Lola. She will be picked up when she turns 10 weeks old in early July :) isn't she lovely?
Aww she super cute🥰

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Never buy a puppy from a random person who is not an ethical and responsible breeder. And please always do research on the breeder. You would preferably want a breeder that does the recommended OFA health testing on the bitch and the stud. And always stick to the standard colors! Breeders that breed the exotic colors are just in it for the money. Stay away from backyard breeders as you will just end up with a lot of vet bills.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score

She is adorable!!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to FBN…. Congratulations on your new family member

G_A

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I need help figuring out why my female Frenchie who just had her first heat is peeing in all the wrong places in the house and what can de done about it. She is walking around the living room and kitchen where we spread 4 of those one time diapers on the floor and she never pees on them. What should my course of action be for her to stop this irritating behaviour?!?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I need help figuring out why my female Frenchie who just had her first heat is peeing in all the wrong places in the house and what can de done about it. She is walking around the living room and kitchen where we spread 4 of those one time diapers on the floor and she never pees on them. What should my course of action be for her to stop this irritating behaviour?!?
How old is she? Is her heat fully over with? If she is otherwise fully potty trained, I would probably have her checked for a UTI. Also, once a dog pees in the house and if there is any kind of odor left (despite us thinking we cleaned it good enough), that does entice them to keep peeing in the area. But first thing I would do is rule out a UTI.

LincolnGates

Reaction score
I can definitely verify the following statement I am about to make. My dream dog has always been a Frenchie. I finally was in a position I could afford one 6 years ago and all the care it may take for the lifetime of the dog. Obviously, we all know that a Frenchie is not cheap and is prone to more health issues than most other breeds.

I did look at some ads on Kijiji and decided on my beautiful girl Piper that I attached below. Unfortunately, because I believed everything I was told by this Kijiji breeder. I of course took her home. Not even a day later Piper started having bloody bowel movements and was having projectile pooping as well. She kept no food in. I contacted the breeder and they blamed me. I hadn't even had her for 24 hours. I knew this so-called breeder would not be of any use to us. So I took her to the emergency vet as it was New years day. They took her stool sample and blood work and also issued her a powder for her food and a special diet. Still could not keep her from releasing it as fast as it went in.

This went on for 4 years. Testing and she had allergies to even the air she was breathing I swear. I spent thousands and thousands trying to make her well. Steroids, pills and pills and powders and fish oil and omega and and and. Unfortunately, I finally lost her at 4 years old to liver failure and I could not do one more thing about it.

So this time. I did extensive research. Talked to others who had the puppies from previous litters and are now grown adults. The breeder offered this to me. Link is from Poland, he is a European Frenchie. Piper was an American Frenchie. I did know there was a difference. Regardless the bottom line is that it was a hard lesson to learn. RESEARCH and see how transparent the breeder is .i.e previous pups etc. Ask about genetics and health issues. Link came with a health guarantee even. That is how confident the breeder is. They only breed every 2 years and also check in with you as the potential owner.

This is my own personal experience. Many people breed the French bulldog for the money, not the quality. Backyard breeders so to speak.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1

LincolnGates

Reaction score
beautiful rolly baby girl. All the best luck to you

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Yes get her checked for UTI, one of my 3 dogs I have(a retriever), she has always got UTI, but this time, she was peeing in the house more, had blood in it, there was a bad infection too but she was just diagnosed with Bladder Cancer 1 month ago unfortunately, and a cause of that according to my research is lots of UTI, that can cause the bladder cancer she has(and many other things can cause it too), her bladder tumour is the entire bladder and will eventually block her ability to pee.

Females are prone to UTI. I would cleave her checked for that, and also get them to check for urine crystals(my Frenchie had this before), but that has been cleared up thru diet and supplements.

If it is a UTI, the sooner you treat it the better the outcome.

And since she is having accidents in the house, she will think that’s ok to do all the time, now it’s time to break the habit.