help! scratches on charlie's left ear ??

minnietodd

Reaction score
Hi everyone ! I came home from work today and noticed a scratch on charlie's left ear? I don't know if he is scratching at it so hard or if chunks accidentally scratched him while playing. He doesn't seem bothered too much by it. He'll scratch at it sometimes but not more than usual....was just wondering if anyone has had their frenchies get scratches in their ear and how y'all helped it to heal? Also, any recommendations for ear cleaning products? Here are some pics thank you everyone !

20160518_075129.jpg

20160518_075123.jpg

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax got his ear scratched like that at daycare a couple of weeks ago. They cleaned it up, not sure what they used. But it healed on its own with no issues.

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
I would check the ear canal and see if it is red or swollen to rule out an ear infection. You can also do the sniff test, an infected ear will have an odor. The scratch should heal with no issues.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
You can just put some Neosporin on it and just watch it. It should get better in a few days.

Bleu

Reaction score
I suspect it could be yeast infection. From bathes.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
From the picture... it looks like play scratches... keep it clean and it should heal in a few days