Henry/new member

Henry

Reaction score
Hi I have puppy 4 months old
I’m having trouble with diarrhoea, the vet says he’s healthy, Iv tried kibble and am now giving him wet food with no grains just chicken and veg but no change.
His 💩 is fine for the first one of the day it just gets softer as the day goes on. Any advice would be appreciated
Hazel

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi I have puppy 4 months old
I’m having trouble with diarrhoea, the vet says he’s healthy, Iv tried kibble and am now giving him wet food with no grains just chicken and veg but no change.
His 💩 is fine for the first one of the day it just gets softer as the day goes on. Any advice would be appreciated
Hazel
Welcome!

What are you currently feeding him?
which kibbles have you tried?

Diet can definitely cause the digestion issues.

I would also look into a probiotic and also bone broth which are all very soothing to the gut.

The probiotic I keep in the fridge at all times to have on hand with my 3 dogs is called Adored Beast Gut Soothe, it’s very soothing and anti inflammatory ingredients to the gut.

Any photos of your puppy?

Henry

Reaction score
3034819D-1272-4C89-92D4-0F903DE181C0.jpeg
Welcome!

What are you currently feeding him?
which kibbles have you tried?

Diet can definitely cause the digestion issues.

I would also look into a probiotic and also bone broth which are all very soothing to the gut.

The probiotic I keep in the fridge at all times to have on hand with my 3 dogs is called Adored Beast Gut Soothe, it’s very soothing and anti inflammatory ingredients to the gut.

Any photos of your puppy?
Iv tried wainwright puppy. Royal canine puppy he’s now on nature diet that has no grains or rubbish in

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
View attachment 16016

Iv tried wainwright puppy. Royal canine puppy he’s now on nature diet that has no grains or rubbish in

He is very cute!
Definitely stay away from Purina, Hills ,science diet, Royal canin as those are all fillers.

What is he currently being fed? Is nature diet the brand name?

Just curious cause the food can make a huge difference.

If he for example is allergic to sweet potato or something, that can cause the wind and digestion issues.

Last edited:

Henry

Reaction score
I will definitely try the gut stuff.
He’s only been fully on the nature diet for 4 days hopefully he will start to settle in fact his last 2 💩 have been perfect then just now back to the orangy coloured mush.
He’s definitely not lacking in energy.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
He’s only been fully on the nature diet for 4 days hopefully he will start to settle in fact his last 2 💩 have been perfect then just now back to the orangy coloured mush.

Ok the food your feeding sounds good,

I definitely would recommend trying the Adorded beast gut soothe

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you had a fecal test done to test for parasites?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Also try adding some pure canned pumpkin or frozen green beans... they can help bind. And, keep in mind, teething can cause some loose poo.