Hi guys

Ped

Reaction score
Hi Guys

New on this forum and after a bit of advice.
I have a 2 year old French bulldog, in the last few weeks started getting sick few hours after a feed.She had breakfast this morning,left her in house for hour came back home to find 2 massive piles of sick in the kitche which looks like food that hasn't been digested.
Feed her with Ava dry food,thats the only food she will eat.
She is a very active dog,with regular walks twice a day.
She used to be sick from time to time but nothing serious according to vet,but now it's getting more regular.
Bit of advice if anyone had problems like that and is there anything that I could try,would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have a 2 year old French bulldog, in the last few weeks started getting sick few hours after a feed.She had breakfast this morning,left her in house for hour came back home to find 2 massive piles of sick in the kitche which looks like food that hasn't been digested.
She used to be sick from time to time but nothing serious according to vet,but now it's getting more regular.
Bit of advice if anyone had problems like that and is there anything that I could try,would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Welcome!

How long has she been on this food? What protein is it?

She could be allergic to her food for why the vomit not too long after she eats.
I would try her on a different food to see if it helps, maybe she is allergic to this food.

Also when Rusty vomits, I give him Adored Beast brand -Gut Soothe Probiotic, I keep it in fridge at all times incase any of my dogs vomits or has any digestion issue.

Or it could be she has a Elongated Soft Palate, which can make them vomit more. Basically the palate blocks their airway and needs surgery to cut it to normal length so it’s doesn’t block the airway.
Does she snore, or breath loud or any exercise intolerance???

Ped

Reaction score
Welcome!

She could be allergic to her food for why the vomit not too long after she eats.

I would try her on a different food to see if it helps, maybe she is allergic to this food.

Also when Rusty vomits, I give him Adored Beast brand -Gut Soothe Probiotic, I keep it in fridge at all times incase any of my dogs vomits or has any digestion issue.

that.Whe

Or it could be she has a Elongated Soft Palate, which can make them vomit more. Basically the palate blocks their airway and needs surgery to cut it to normal length so it’s doesn’t block the airway.

Thank you for reply

She does snore a lot,she sleeps in extension and I can hear her upstairs,so yes she snores a lot.

I have noticed that she gets violently sick if she has a breakfast and then drinks water straight after food,I know its time to get a bag and wipes.Have ordered a slow feeding water bowl,will try that.
Welcome!

Thank you for reply

One thing I noticed is if she has a feed and drinks water straight after that I know it’s a time to get a wipes and a bag!
When she drinks water I feel like she’s gonna eat the bowl,she’s a proper greedy little girl.
Slow feed bowl but she will finish it in a minute,have ordered a slow feed water bowl aswell will see if that changes anything.
Does she snores,well let’s just say that she sleeps in extension and I can hear her upstairs sometimes.
When it comes to exercise she’s like a Tasmanian devil,at least 2 to 3 walks every day,if the weather is nice she will be in a garden all day,if she’s running too much she will get sick,like a white foam.
Last time when I tried to change food she stopped eating and every time she had a bit of food she will get diarrhoea and sick.
When I was a kid my dad used to breed German shepherd and we never had any issues with them,so for me French bulldog is something that I learn new things about them every day!
She went to vet few months ago for a checkup,everything was good,weight and health.
She’s between 11-12 kg and just turned 2 years.
I will buy some probiotics,and she’s on chicken at the moment

Thank you

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Thank you
Welcome to FBN! so sorry your girl is going through this. Has your vet checked her soft palate? Also, maybe try a different proteins, turkey or duck. A lot of bulldog breeds hae issue with chicken and how it is processed just doesn't agree with their systems

Last edited:

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Thank you for reply

One thing I noticed is if she has a feed and drinks water straight after that I know it’s a time to get a wipes and a bag!
When she drinks water I feel like she’s gonna eat the bowl,she’s a proper greedy little girl.
Slow feed bowl but she will finish it in a minute,have ordered a slow feed water bowl aswell will see if that changes anything.
Does she snores,well let’s just say that she sleeps in extension and I can hear her upstairs sometimes.
When it comes to exercise she’s like a Tasmanian devil,at least 2 to 3 walks every day,if the weather is nice she will be in a garden all day,if she’s running too much she will get sick,like a white foam.
Last time when I tried to change food she stopped eating and every time she had a bit of food she will get diarrhoea and sick.
When I was a kid my dad used to breed German shepherd and we never had any issues with them,so for me French bulldog is something that I learn new things about them every day!
She went to vet few months ago for a checkup,everything was good,weight and health.
She’s between 11-12 kg and just turned 2 years.
I will buy some probiotics,and she’s on chicken at the moment

Thank you

I would definitely get her off chicken as it’s the most common allergy and she might be allergic to it if he is vomiting.

I would have her soft palate checked cause if she breathes loud and lots of snoring and vomiting too can be a sign, I would for sure get that checked.
It’s very common In these breeds to need the soft palate surgery cause it blocks their ability to breathe and eat/drink properly!

Even switching from Chicken protein to Turkey very similar but not the same as Chicken.

If your able to, I recommend rotating proteins(duck, fish, Turkey, beef etc.) so she doesn’t become allergic to what they eat everyday(very common).

LincolnGates

Reaction score
I would definitely get her off chicken as it’s the most common allergy and she might be allergic to it if he is vomiting.

I would have her soft palate checked cause if she breathes loud and lots of snoring and vomiting too can be a sign, I would for sure get that checked.
It’s very common In these breeds to need the soft palate surgery cause it blocks their ability to breathe and eat/drink properly!

Even switching from Chicken protein to Turkey very similar but not the same as Chicken.

If your able to, I recommend rotating proteins(duck, fish, Turkey, beef etc.) so she doesn’t become allergic to what they eat everyday(very common).
Agreed, chicken is terrible. I couldnt believe with my last frenchie how many foods have chicken in it. Chicken meal is in many foods that dont even list chicken on the front of the bag.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Agreed, chicken is terrible. I couldnt believe with my last frenchie how many foods have chicken in it. Chicken meal is in many foods that dont even list chicken on the front of the bag.
Yes and Chicken by product meal or anything that says “by product’ is literally waste from the garbage bin.

Anything with Chicken, Corn , Corn gluten meal, Wheat, Soy, By Products, and brewers rice, powdered cellulose(basically Sawdust), and any added Colors -AVOID!