How Often for Ear Cleaning?

FrenchieFlorence

Reaction score
Florence is prone to ear infections, so I clean her ears about once a week. Is it too much to be cleaning her ears that often? Now it seems she may have water in her ear and I want to clean it again after a few days of cleaning. Thanks for any advice and help!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I normally do ear cleanings about once a week or every 10 days or so. Yeasty ears and infections can be food related sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
My dog has had a few ear infections due to food and environmental allergies. So I switched her to frozen raw dog food, but that didn't take care of the environmental allergies. I have been able to avoid getting her the Cytopoint injections for environmental allergies by flooding her ears once a week with either Zymox or EcoEars ear drops. I also clean them every few days as needed ( ie. she's scratching ) with either plain witch hazel or with a mixture of 5 drops oil of cloves, 5 drops tea tree oil in 2 ounces of witch hazel, on a round cosmetic pad. The pad usually comes back fairly dirty.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Once a week... I use witch hazel as it is a natural drying agent.

Our bulldog has environmental allergies and was get ear infections and constant crud. Switch to raw (duck, turkey, rabbit rotation) and added Cytopoint shot... no more infections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk