In Heat ?

L05tB0y

Reaction score
Hi my frenchie is 7.5 months old and she has started to spot little bits of blood. Is this a sign of her coming into full heat or do I have a bit to go.
Also what can I do or get for her to stop the dripping.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi my frenchie is 7.5 months old and she has started to spot little bits of blood. Is this a sign of her coming into full heat or do I have a bit to go.
Also what can I do or get for her to stop the dripping.
It does sound like she in in heat.
If she doesn’t have a new wound on her paws or something then I would assume it’s her being in heat.

You can get ‘pants’ to put on her to stop the dripping.

I have 2 female dogs and 1 male dog, and the above suggestion has always worked.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like she is coming into heat. With my bulldog, it usually starts with just little drips and spots of blood and sometimes a little mucous after she pees and then a few days later, it's more blood and I consider her in full heat. You can get your girl some doggie britches to wear while in heat. I have a couple different kinds for my bulldog that are made for dogs without tails. One of them is custom made. I can send you links if you are interested. I slip a maxi pad in there and change it out a few times a day and the britches are very easy to wash.