Infected Frenchie Tail Pocket!

FrenchieFlorence

Reaction score
Can anyone help with my baby’s tail pocket. I started to clean it daily with wipes, but I wasn’t drying it after and now she’s hurting from a possible yeast infection. I’ve order skin and wrinkle soother from Natural Dog Company to help. Does hydrogen peroxide act as a soother as well? Please help, thanks!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone help with my baby’s tail pocket. I started to clean it daily with wipes, but I wasn’t drying it after and now she’s hurting from a possible yeast infection. I’ve order skin and wrinkle soother from Natural Dog Company to help. Does hydrogen peroxide act as a soother as well? Please help, thanks!

I always use witch Hazel for cleaning – it is a natural drying agent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
I think [MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] means she cleans tail pocket with witch hazel.

Since it's irritated I would clean with chlorhexidine/ketoconazole shampoo ( eg. Curaseb, Ketohex ) in a spray bottle or on a wipe, then wipe out with plain wipe or spray in warm water, then put on antibiotic cream like Neosporin or Nu-Stock after this cleaning for a few days, then continue with Zincofax, Sudacreme, Desitin or similar cream instead of an antibiotic cream after cleaning with the previously described regime for a few days after.

Once everything is good just clean with the witch hazel and since it's self drying you don't have to dry, or use a wet wipe without perfume and dry after.

Some links on the English bulldog forum

Help Needed! Tail Pocket- again!

Tail pocket red

FrenchieFlorence

Reaction score
Thanks so much, this is a picture of how it looked when I first noticed it. Been keeping it clean with warm water and wrinkle soother. She is starting to be her playful self again. Every time I clean it, some dead skin and hair fall out.