Insurance recommendations

wazzykim

Reaction score
Hi! I'm looking for a pet insurance that's best for frenchie given their hereditary and congenial conditions, especially Brachycephalic syndrome. My frenchie is not experiencing any issues or problems right now but I was thinking of having him undergo surgery as preventative care. From my research, it doesn't seem Pet Insurance (Nationwide) provides this coverage.

Any recommendations or experiences are greatly appreciated!!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if any insurance covers preventative surgery. I have Nationwide's whole pet with wellness plan and they have covered 90% of all of Jax's covered expenses including 3 surgeries and related costs. A lot of people also like Heathly Paws and Trupanion.

Also, insurance companies generally do not cover pre-existing conditions so if there are any notes or in the vet file or a diagnosis, treatment will most likely not be covered.

Oskars Keeper

Reaction score
Oskar has ASPCA. My vet said either go with them or Trupanion. They were both the same price.

It’ has covered everything with problems so far, and we are thousands of dollars in and only 4 months worth of premiums paid :)

That said, he had a combo surgery last week of his neuter (which isn’t covered), a liver biopsy, and nares done as well as some stuff done on in his throat. I’ll be interested to see what they pay and don’t. But again, no complaints so far and super easy to file a claim online.

OU812

Reaction score
Oskar has ASPCA. My vet said either go with them or Trupanion. They were both the same price.

It’ has covered everything with problems so far, and we are thousands of dollars in and only 4 months worth of premiums paid :)

That said, he had a combo surgery last week of his neuter (which isn’t covered), a liver biopsy, and nares done as well as some stuff done on in his throat. I’ll be interested to see what they pay and don’t. But again, no complaints so far and super easy to file a claim online.

We just pulled the trigger on Trupanion, Sad to hear the problems with your pooch, but it's good to hear Trupanion has helped so far! Please keep us updated!

Mavis

Reaction score
I don't know if any insurance covers preventative surgery. I have Nationwide's whole pet with wellness plan and they have covered 90% of all of Jax's covered expenses including 3 surgeries and related costs. A lot of people also like Heathly Paws and Trupanion.

Also, insurance companies generally do not cover pre-existing conditions so if there are any notes or in the vet file or a diagnosis, treatment will most likely not be covered.
Hi @Cbrugs, did your insurance cover brachy surgery, neuter/spay, annual visits, discount on heartwork, flea prevention, etc.? Thank you.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi @Cbrugs, did your insurance cover brachy surgery, neuter/spay, annual visits, discount on heartwork, flea prevention, etc.? Thank you.
The Whole Pet with Wellness covers neuter/spay, annual visits, medications, etc. they’ve also covered Jax’s IVDD surgeries, acupuncture, laser therapy. Not sure on brachy surgery, never needed nares or soft palate done.

Mavis

Reaction score
The Whole Pet with Wellness covers neuter/spay, annual visits, medications, etc. they’ve also covered Jax’s IVDD surgeries, acupuncture, laser therapy. Not sure on brachy surgery, never needed nares or soft palate done.
I'm going to read about that again and give them a call.