Is my puppy growing to fast! HELP!

Frankiesmum

Reaction score
Hey all,

So i have a questions regarding my pup Frank! Hes a happy little active pup, but i think he is getting very BIG very quickly!

I will attach some photos below - Frank is 15 weeks tomorrow and currently as of this morning weighs 6.7kg and 10.5 inchs tall! He is not fat, but very lean and muscular!

He is currently on a mix of raw (country hunter puppies raw) and Butternut Box (a home delivery home cooked food subscription).Hes eating around 350-400g of food per day split into 3 sittings. He eats it all and asks for more! Im trying to keep a balance of him being happy but not greedy and fat!

His breathing is perfect, no snores, no allergies. Hes very active - 2 walks a day (15mins each) - he sleeps 2-4 hours and then will play for 2-4 hours throughout the day, so not hyper but plenty of puppy energy to play and run.
Poops are fine, he has a supplement of Pooch and Mutt (Skin, healthy stools, eyes and ears)

My Mother in law has Franks litter sister, who is adorable! however she only weighs just over 4kg, and after discussing with the breeders, the updates they have on the other pups are around the same size!

My neighbours also have pups 2 weeks older than frank from the same Sire and he is massive compared to them! I get alot of comments on how big he is from other fellow frenchie walkers in the area.

I will include a pic of mum and dad below, but why is Frank getting so big! :) Any ideas guys! (Yes mum and dad both full ped)
frank 7.jpgfrank 8.jpgfrank 4.jpgfrank 6.jpgfrank 1.jpgfrank 2.jpg

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
They all grow at different stages, and litter mates don’t always end up the same sizes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Repose

Reaction score
My boy was the same. At 14wks he was 6.3kg. He’s longer and taller than the standard breed size for sure. I’ve read that European frenchies can be like this and I found an old thread on the subject on this forum. You can read the discussion here

Now that mine’s full grown I’ve come across an array of frenchies that are even bigger and definitely some smaller than him. They’re all their own dog. As long as, as you say, he seems happy and healthy you’ve got yourself a great looking pup.

This is another frenchie we came across who was even larger than my Hugo and with a long tail

F1F817CC-1C55-4F48-A005-B7B74A57F7B8.jpeg

When my two sit down you can see the size range. Maple is shorter, wider, and more compact; Hugo is taller and narrower. Love em both.

39E34BD8-5F15-4946-92E8-A768F94F7944.jpeg

Frankiesmum

Reaction score
Hi Tina,

Thanks for the link to that thread, interesting facts there. As it happens Frank has a mixture of US and Hungarian bloodline on his mothers side, as per his pedigree papers. His father i believe is a long line of EU frenchies.

But yes you are correct, i'm not fussed either way, hes beautiful and healthy. His sister is clearly going to be shorter and small, which is great as well. it suits my in laws better if shes smaller.

I guess i was just worrying that he was putting on weight too quickly, i suppose as a dog mum you doubt yourself sometimes that your doing the right things!

Your two babies are gorgeous by the way! :yes:

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
He looks fine to me. They all grow at different weights and it's hard to go by their litter mates. I wouldn't worry about him, he looks healthy.

🆕 Latest posts