Jelly

Mavis

Reaction score
I've created a bunch of threads here concerning Jelly and am just going to use this one now to post any questions, pictures, progress, etc.

It's been eight days since we got Jelly. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and we are making good progress. I am learning so much! I've trained him to not to ankle bite or entangle himself in our feet when walking. He went from being a free feeder at the breeder and regularly dumping his bowl to finishing his meal all at once. Thanks to folks here, I've learned to put him in his crate when overtired which has been a Godsend and that he responds to with a much needed nap. I think he is doing well with potty training and I believe is starting to associate "potty potty" with going outside. It's sleeting here today and he hates going out in that, so today will be a challenge with potty training. We have a red jacket for him that I had altered for length (we call him Super Jelly :LOL:), but he still shivers in this nasty weather. He has longer periods of self entertaining with his toys without being destructive that is very encouraging. He also will nap quietly under the dining room table on his own, which is Petey's lair - he loves Petey and learns a lot by observing him. Our little chi loves him and vice versa! He has stopped biting and now they both play rough for 10-15 minutes but Jelly has stopped biting! Amazing! Now both of them just mouth and wrestle without hurting each other. I can tell our chi, Petey, is happy because he initiates play as well and keeps reengaging Jelly, which is not difficult to do. Things are going better and I am starting to feel like we are managing this okay.
Jelly 4-13-22.jpgJelly 4-13-22 - 3.jpgJelly 4-13-22 - 2.jpg

Last edited:

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
I've created a bunch of threads here concerning Jelly and am just going to use this one now to post any questions, pictures, progress, etc.

It's been eight days since we got Jelly. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and we are making good progress. I am learning so much! I've trained him to not to ankle bite or entangle himself in our feet when walking. He went from being a free feeder at the breeder and regularly dumping his bowl to finishing his meal all at once. Thanks to folks here, I've learned to put him in his crate when overtired which has been a Godsend and that he responds to with a much needed nap. I think he is doing well with potty training and I believe is starting to associate "potty potty" with going outside. It's sleeting here today and he hates going out in that, so today will be a challenge with potty training. We have a red jacket for him that I had altered for length (we call him Super Jelly :LOL:), but he still shivers in this nasty weather. He has longer periods of self entertaining with his toys without being destructive that is very encouraging. He also will nap quietly under the dining room table on his own, which is Petey's lair - he loves Petey and learns a lot by observing him. Our little chi loves him and vice versa! He has stopped biting and now they both play rough for 10-15 minutes but Jelly has stopped biting! Amazing! Now both of them just mouth and wrestle without hurting each other. I can tell our chi, Petey, is happy because he initiates play as well and keeps reengaging Jelly, which is not difficult to do. Things are going better and I am starting to feel like we are managing this okay.

View attachment 15829View attachment 15830

He is SO cute!!!! Great photos. Keep them coming😊
So handsome in the jacket!

That’s awesome to know he is not biting you or not giving Petey space, that’s awesome that Petey is playing with him good, maybe Jelly had learned the boundaries he needed to learn.

Glad to know he will settle in the crate when it’s time to take a break with playing.
Must be a relief for all of you things are going much better with Jelly and Petey, and with Jelly being better with everything in general.

Since it’s only been 8 days of being with you, it sounds like he is learning quickly with everything. Great job!

He will get more tired when playing with Petey as I know that tired Rusty out so much faster when playing like that with my 2 other dogs than racing around the house!

keep Us updated😊
I’m happy to help!

Mavis

Reaction score
He is SO cute!!!! Great photos. Keep them coming😊
So handsome in the jacket!

That’s awesome to know he is not biting you or not giving Petey space, that’s awesome that Petey is playing with him good, maybe Jelly had learned the boundaries he needed to learn.

Glad to know he will settle in the crate when it’s time to take a break with playing.
Must be a relief for all of you things are going much better with Jelly and Petey, and with Jelly being better with everything in general.

Since it’s only been 8 days of being with you, it sounds like he is learning quickly with everything. Great job!

He will get more tired when playing with Petey as I know that tired Rusty out so much faster when playing like that with my 2 other dogs than racing around the house!

keep Us updated😊
I’m happy to help!
Thank you! Believe me, he's not perfect, but he is doing much better. Puppies are tough!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
He is so darn handsome!! Great progress… please keep in mind, you have to stay consistent, because these little buggers will take advantage and sometimes regress. Keep the pictures coming

LincolnGates

Reaction score

View attachment 15828View attachment 15829View attachment 15830
soooo cute