Lizard Addiction

DOGMOM

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

I've been a Frenchie owner for over 2 months now with my 19 week old boy Archie. We love him so much and have been having a blast with him, but he most definitely is a handful at this age, lol.
We are still in potty training mode, and introduced him to bell training over a month ago. He is doing very well with it, but i'm not sure anymore if he really has to go potty when he rings it, or if he wants to go outside just to chase and EAT Lizards!! I have another dog who is much older (not a frenchie) and he enjoyed chasing lizards at a younger age but Never has he actually caught one and eaten it. We live in Florida and there are tons of lizards outside, there is no escaping them. I would say he has eaten a total of 4 so far and caught 3 in his mouth and we were able to get him to drop them. I have told the vet and they did say they aren't toxic.
I am just mainly curious if anyone else on this forum's Frenchie does the same thing, or is great at catching other things!? Oh I sure hope this is just a puppy phase :LMAO:

Melissa

Attachments

• 218464257_10159243605420275_540823627007067316_n.jpg
    218464257_10159243605420275_540823627007067316_n.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 92

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to FBN! Lol. Lol. Lolโ€ฆ.. I have that issue with toads and frogs, I have to scan the patio before letting Cheli outside.
[MENTION=4]davidh[/MENTION] wasnโ€™t one of your babies a lizard chaser/eater

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DOGMOM

Reaction score
Oh boy, Frogs I am sure he would love too LOL. We have a screened in pool, and there is no way to keep the lizards out (they get in through the drain area and doggy door) so that is his favorite way to catch them since they can't find their way back out.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh boy, Frogs I am sure he would love too LOL. We have a screened in pool, and there is no way to keep the lizards out (they get in through the drain area and doggy door) so that is his favorite way to catch them since they can't find their way back out.

Lolโ€ฆ. Smart bugger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Yes, Hazel our 11 year old loved to catch lizards, and even at her old age, she can still jump and catch them. Tasty snack for her if we don't get to take it away from her.