looking for advice

dopeman57911

Reaction score
hi

I have a female she is 5 months old i had her at 3, she has had a rash on her tummy ever since we got her we have tried everything to help but she just constantly scratches to the point of losing her fur and making it sore, we have changed all her bedding and tried several different creams recommended by the vet she has been fleed and wormed but nothing seems to work we put organic coconut cream/oil on daily we have also tried changing her food to exclude poultry but again no change

has anyone seem something like this before any help greatly appreciated, i also have an appointment today at 5 with another vet but iv already spent a small fortune and just need a solution

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2539.JPEG
    IMG_2539.JPEG
    376.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2540.JPEG
    IMG_2540.JPEG
    466.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2541.JPEG
    IMG_2541.JPEG
    482.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2542.JPEG
    IMG_2542.JPEG
    423.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2543.JPEG
    IMG_2543.JPEG
    488.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2544.JPEG
    IMG_2544.JPEG
    412.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2505.jpeg
    IMG_2505.jpeg
    519.3 KB · Views: 7

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
hi

I have a female she is 5 months old i had her at 3, she has had a rash on her tummy ever since we got her we have tried everything to help but she just constantly scratches to the point of losing her fur and making it sore, we have changed all her bedding and tried several different creams recommended by the vet she has been fleed and wormed but nothing seems to work we put organic coconut cream/oil on daily we have also tried changing her food to exclude poultry but again no change

has anyone seem something like this before any help greatly appreciated, i also have an appointment today at 5 with another vet but iv already spent a small fortune and just need a solution

thanks

Welcome!

It sounds like she could have allergies.

What food do you have her on???

I have a 3 year old Frenchie with bad allergies and he also gets rashes on his stomach but only when a bad flare up from allergies happens.

Improving the immune system by food and supplements is the first place to start when dealing with allergies.

Fresh food low carb, grain free(gently cooked, or raw diet) is the best option for things like this.
There is ‘lightly cooked’ premade you can buy, the brands are:

-Raised Right human grade lightly cooked pet food
-open farm gently cooked

Those above are balanced, grain free low carb.

Too much starch and carbs can cause them to have these allergies and be itchy because it causes inflammation.

What food is she on?? Brand and protein??

I also recommend you giving her a bath with medicated shampoo until it heals, I can attach a photo of what I use for the rashes, it works very well and is anti bacterial and anti fungal and antiseptic.

This also should calm the itching.

I use these topical treatments;
-Dermachlor 4 shampoo(bath her with this first, let it sit on her for 10-15 minutes BEFORE rinsing)
- Duoxo Mousse S3 calm mousse(wait 2 hours after bathing her, make sure she is dry then use this and massage it in and make sure she doesn’t scratch at it(try putting a shirt or something on her or even a dog boot/sock so she can’t scratch it while the product is soaking in.

When allergy flare happens I do this topical treatment every day or a minimum of every other day until it’s gone(it didn’t take more than a few days for this to go away for my Frenchie. Then continue doing this once healed, once a week or when she is very itchy.

I would give her some omega 3(I use Thrive Herring oil) and some immune boosting things such as Bovine Colostrum, or bone broth and probiotics.

I know how hard it can be watching them itch like crazy and not get better.

I too have tried so many different foods for my Frenchie but since she is itching and has a rash I would try a different food(I listed a couple foods above).
What food do you have her on??? Protein and brand??

Here are the photos of the topical treatments(Dermachlor 4 shampoo and mousse S3 calm mousse) I think you can order it online and you can order it thru most vets. I got mine at the vet dermatologist my Frenchie goes to for his allergies.

Keep us posted on how the vet appointment goes!

1649088230981.jpeg

dopeman57911

Reaction score
hi thanks for the reply at the moment she's eating natures menu turkey and fish raw (see link) i have tried changing her food but it didn't seem to make a difference, also at the start the rash was much worse and very red its cleared up some,

it might sound weird but do you think it could be because of anxiety or a behavioural thing as she only seems to do it when we don't give her attention also when my wife is putting the cream on she seems to roll over and just lie there as if she likes it ?

the vet has done a skin scrape so hopefully will know more soon

again thanks for the reply I'm at my wits end to be honest but we love her so she's worth it.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
hi thanks for the reply at the moment she's eating natures menu turkey and fish raw (see link) i have tried changing her food but it didn't seem to make a difference, also at the start the rash was much worse and very red its cleared up some,

it might sound weird but do you think it could be because of anxiety or a behavioural thing as she only seems to do it when we don't give her attention also when my wife is putting the cream on she seems to roll over and just lie there as if she likes it ?

again thanks for the reply I'm at my wits end to be honest but we love her so she's worth it.

I would try a 1 protein food and see how she does(less itchy or more itchy) and then slowly add in new proteins since her food is Turkey and salmon which salmon is sometimes a common allergy. That will hopefully tell you if it’s a good allergy.

The food options I gave you have only 1 protein in it and that will hopefully improve her. Raised Right human grade lightly cooked pet food has a beef puppy formula.
If your feeding raw, can you get a premade raw with Rabbit only or Turkey only?? I didn’t realize the food was a raw food. But try a raw food that has only Turkey or maybe try beef only and try to avoid sweet potatoes and peas as that’s starch that feeds inflammation and causes itchy skin and allergies.
-Darwin’s raw
-Stella and Chewy raw
-vital essentials

Those are in US, not sure where your located? Different food brands in Canada
-big country raw
-Carnivora
Available in Canada.
That would be a good start to figuring out her itchy.

Yes she can be doing that for attention, but now unfortunately you have to get it better before she gets a skin infection.

I recommend the topical treatments I described in last response to give that a try as it really helps.

Also forgot to mention I keep Skin soother on hand which is a cream that’s good for rashes and skin issues and wounds but do this before she is getting the rash.

I’m happy to help!
Keep us updated!
Here is the photo.

1649091017431.jpeg

Reactions: Pen

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score

How did the vet appointment go today????

dopeman57911

Reaction score
im in the uk, and thanks for all your help, it went as expected did a skin scrape and wanted to do a blood test at £500 so with the scrape it would be £750 these vets are making a fortune.

iv ordered the skin treatment you advised and some 1 protein raw mince (beef) i hope this helps.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
im in the uk, and thanks for all your help, it went as expected did a skin scrape and wanted to do a blood test at £500 so with the scrape it would be £750 these vets are making a fortune.

iv ordered the skin treatment you advised and some 1 protein raw mince (beef) i hope this helps.

At least they didn’t find anything bad on the skin scrape.
Hopefully she starts improving soon!

I’m happy to help!
Keep us updated on how the topical treatments work for her and hopefully the food too will make a difference! It can take up to 12 weeks to get rid of the old food in her system, so it can take a bit to improve sometimes with the food to notice a difference but with the topical treatments it should be getting better soon.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score

Was there a result to the skin scrape? Cause that looks like it could be mange which is common in pups. If it is, then you need to boost the immune system…. Raw goats milk, sauerkraut, keifer or herbsmith microflora

dopeman57911

Reaction score
At least they didn’t find anything bad on the skin scrape.
Hopefully she starts improving soon!

I’m happy to help!
Keep us updated on how the topical treatments work for her and hopefully the food too will make a difference! It can take up to 12 weeks to get rid of the old food in her system, so it can take a bit to improve sometimes with the food to notice a difference but with the topical treatments it should be getting better soon.
Hi mate after trying the topical treatments the rash has subsided for the most but she’s still scratching like mad and making it sore

I’m feeding a one protein diet as you suggested (beef)

It’s like for 2-3 days she’s great then all of a sudden she has a day of itching like mad Iv been told a few times now that this may be puppy mange or mites or something similar I feel so bad for her.Iv ordered some lime sulfar dip

See pic attached any ideas mate vets also seem at a loss may get a second opinion

Attachments

• 689127E7-4E0B-4C63-A3F4-60DC9501EE96.jpeg
    689127E7-4E0B-4C63-A3F4-60DC9501EE96.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 23BE4E26-A845-405B-A828-77D29C481639.jpeg
    23BE4E26-A845-405B-A828-77D29C481639.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi mate after trying the topical treatments the rash has subsided for the most but she’s still scratching like mad and making it sore

I’m feeding a one protein diet as you suggested (beef)

It’s like for 2-3 days she’s great then all of a sudden she has a day of itching like mad Iv been told a few times now that this may be puppy mange or mites or something similar I feel so bad for her.Iv ordered some lime sulfar dip

See pic attached any ideas mate vets also seem at a loss may get a second opinion

Has your vet checked for mites or mange?? If it’s not that then I still think it’s allergies. How long has she been on beef food?? Which beef food did you try?

Are you bathing her with the dermachlor 4 shampoo then using the mousse S3 calm???

When did you first start the topical treatments? Are you using this daily???
I’m asking because you have to be patent for stuff like this to heal up. I know lots of dogs with a rash like this and they go to the same dermatologist as I take my dog to and they are all using this topical treatment plan and it’s got way better.
The Dermachlor 4 shampoo, once she is wet in the bath, let this shampoo sit on her after rubbing it on her, let it sit for 10-15 minutes BEFORE rinsing it off her.

Once dry or 2 hrs after bath, use mousse S3 calm mousse to calm it and help.

My dog had a skin infection from his allergies and it took 4 weeks of DAILY topical treatments to finally see improvement.
Rusty had a rash a few weeks ago, I bathed him with the same stuff I suggested to you, and used mousse S3 calm after when he was dry, no more rash, it’s gone. But he doesn’t scratch his rash, instead of being extremely itchy, he just gets extra prone to skin infections.

For the food, good that your giving one protein(beef), how long has it been since you had her on this food???? It can take up to 12 weeks for the old food and those food allergies to clear out of her.
No grains or starch in the new beef food????

If she is scratching, put a shirt on her to cover the rash or put dog socks on her back paws so she can’t really add scratch with the nails. Do this until it’s fully healed.

If you think you need a second opinion, go for it, but for now do this treatment every day or a minimum of every 2 days and put socks on her back paws so she doesn’t make it worse!

Don’t give up!

Keep us updated!
I’m happy to help😊

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely have her checked for mange/mites. Also, some Frenchies do not tolerate beef well so you can also try a different protein.

dopeman57911

Reaction score
hi just thought id give you all an update luna is doing great now we never got to the bottom of what was causing the rash nothing seemed to help, we now have her on prednisone and the rash has completely gone and her fur is growing back great. we did run out of the tablets a few weeks back and the rash started to come back but not as bad we are hoping with age she will improve iv added some pics of how she is now.

thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• IMG_2891.JPEG
    IMG_2891.JPEG
    28.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2856 (21.jpg
    IMG_2856 (21.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2892.JPEG
    IMG_2892.JPEG
    177.7 KB · Views: 5

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
hi just thought id give you all an update luna is doing great now we never got to the bottom of what was causing the rash nothing seemed to help, we now have her on prednisone and the rash has completely gone and her fur is growing back great. we did run out of the tablets a few weeks back and the rash started to come back but not as bad we are hoping with age she will improve iv added some pics of how she is now.

thanks for all your help.

That’s awesome she has cleared up!

Hope she continues to improve😊