Looking to purchase a Blue Frenchie

JRS

Reaction score
I just wanted to reach out to anyone that's has a blue Frenchie, I've had a brindle frencie and have had very little issues with allergies and skin issues. My wife and I are looking to adopt a blue Frenchie and would like some input on whether or not they have more issues with allergies / skin due to their blue coat? I have read with blue Frenchies that they may develop more issues with their skin and coat. I know it has a lot to do with the breeder and any other additional information that would be helpful when purchasing a blue Frenchie. Greatly appreciate any feedback.
Thanks!

Jeffc

Reaction score
I have two blues a male and a female. Our female had some allergies problems until we switched both of them to Farmers Dog brand food she is no longer taking medication. Other than that both pups have been healthy knock on wood. There coats are beautiful and shiny with no skin problems. We love them both as if they were our children they are truly wonderful companions. My only regret is I didn't get one younger in life. Hopefully this helps you let me know if you have any more questions.

JRS

Reaction score
Thank you, this will be our 2nd and our last Frenchie was the best. She brought so much joy to our lives. I have just read so many different things that people have commented in reference to the blues that it made us a little paranoid. Thank you for reaching out!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Me personally, I wish everyone would stop buying these "color" Frenchies. Their breeders are unethical and only breed for money and not the preservation of the breed. Blue is not a natural color of the French Bulldog. It is a mix breed. Anyone telling you any difference is not telling the truth. Please do your research on the breed before buying. I am a member of the French Bulldog Club of America. On their website you can see the breed standards.

mrsclark

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize it wasn't a natural color. I had always read it as being "Rare" but nowadays, they're all over the place! Is that the same for the Merle? Also, can you tell me what it means when it says Cream over Blue?

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
[MENTION=4304]mrsclark[/MENTION] sorry, kind of late with my response. Cream over blue is still a man made color and not a natural color. Anything with blue, black and tan, Merle are all mix breeds. These colors are not natural to the breed.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Me personally, I wish everyone would stop buying these "color" Frenchies. Their breeders are unethical and only breed for money and not the preservation of the breed. Blue is not a natural color of the French Bulldog. It is a mix breed. Anyone telling you any difference is not telling the truth. Please do your research on the breed before buying. I am a member of the French Bulldog Club of America. On their website you can see the breed standards.
Amen!