Merle Frenchie - Is she mixed?

kingbbj

Reaction score
I had my Merle Frenchie for a while, she just turned 7 months and I can’t help but think she’s mixed? The breeder said she was pure bred and she as well had her AKC papers, but that wasn’t important to me.

She’s 7 months and still looks about the size of a puppy and has barely grown. Her head is really small as well as her over all body compared to my other Frenchie. Do you think she’s mixed?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
All Merles are mixed to get that color. A Merle is not a true standard French Bulldog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree with Citty... the color is not a true standard for Frenchie

zippygirl

Reaction score
How can a Merle (or lilac or blue, etc) have AKC papers if the color is non-standard? I’ve wondered about this for awhile.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
How can a Merle (or lilac or blue, etc) have AKC papers if the color is non-standard? I’ve wondered about this for awhile.

So the AKC can make more money.

zippygirl

Reaction score
Just did my own research… AKC still allows it, but the UK Kennel Club does not.

Missdempsey57

Reaction score
Can I see your puppy? I have a female black Merle and her head is really small too. Plus she doesn’t have a nose rope and a terrible underbite where you actually see her teeth while her mouth is closed.

Don’t get me wrong I love her and she’s still my favorite. She just looks different than my male frenchie but he’s a blue fawn.