Merle Frenchies

VioletSkye

Reaction score
Hi. I am new here. I just recently purchases a merle blue frenchie. I will receive her this week. I was reading some info about them and I see that they can be or go blind and that merles are not pure bread frenchies and people that breed merles are just in for the money. I purchased her from a reputable breeder, not a puppy mill. Are merles less desirable for heath issues? Should I not have chosen the merle? She is so beautiful and I chose her for her uniqueness. What do you think?

Thanks!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. I am new here. I just recently purchases a merle blue frenchie. I will receive her this week. I was reading some info about them and I see that they can be or go blind and that merles are not pure bread frenchies and people that breed merles are just in for the money. I purchased her from a reputable breeder, not a puppy mill. Are merles less desirable for heath issues? Should I not have chosen the merle? She is so beautiful and I chose her for her uniqueness. What do you think?

Thanks!

Just as an FYI, a โ€œreputableโ€ would not breed merles or other โ€œfadโ€ colors. I personally would never get one and prefer to stick to the standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks!

Yes, they do tend to have more health issues due to the non-conformity of the breeding. If you already have her... feed raw and be sure to give her the best you can afford to help lessen any potential issues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Yes, they are pron to health problems, and can go deaf. Plus a "reputable" breeder would never breed "fad" colors.

VioletSkye

Reaction score
I do not have her. I found out today that she is a scam! So sad!