Miracle Product for Noses

Mavis

Reaction score
I was on Facebook this week and an ad came up for "Snout Soother." This was touted as being beneficial to dogs with hyperkeratosis on their noses. We have tried many products to heal her nose with no success. My husband was even applying coconut oil to her nose a couple times a day for 3-4 weeks with no success whatsoever. Before I purchase anything, I like to read the reviews that people submit, and I did with this product. People gave it glowing reviews and said that they saw a marked difference in one day, which was hard for me to believe as skeptical as I am.

Well, yesterday was the first application. AMAZING! I actually saw and felt a huge difference this morning when I examined her and felt her nose when applying another dose. Honestly, I am so happy for discovering this, I want to jump for joy. Not cheap - I got the two oz. and I think it's like $27, but so worth it (to me) because it honestly works. I also purchased Skin Soother and applied it to the two hot spots on the insides of her front legs. I did see a marked difference this morning in appearance, however, my husband said she was still licking her legs. I will keep trying to see if it works like the Snout Soother. We had her on a daily dose of Apoquel, and that didn't do anything - at least that I could tell. We took her off of it because the last blood test, her liver enzymes were high.

Wanted to pass along this recommendation for anyone who struggles with their frenchie's nose.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve seen those adds as well. Usually when my guys’ noses start to get dry I use a nose butter. I’ll totally keep this one in my mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CutieFrenchie

Reaction score
Top of Charlie's nose is starting to dry up. Haven't to double check the packaging but think it's the same thing. She does NOT like use applying it to her noise.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation! I will keep it in mind if I start to see this issue. I love hearing about natural, proven pet products that work miracles!

On another note, I am glad to see an update on the Apoquel issue regarding her liver enzymes. Mine is so incredibly itchy right now but I am just so afraid of putting her on Apoquel for the same reason.

Have a great day :)

CutieFrenchie

Reaction score
Can confirm Snout Magic works too. Took about 4 or 5 days of applying once daily before her nose looked normal again. I assume the scales just flake off?