New Here! 2 Males? Yes or No?

Enzothefrenchie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! My name is Anne and I have the cutest Male Frenchie, Enzo. He is 1 yr 4mo old. He’s active and can be stubborn at times but not aggressive at all. He’s neutered and sweet. Recently, I found a local breeder who has the cutest litter or puppies available so I put a deposit on a male Merle cutie pie! After I did that, I started to research how to bring a new puppy in to the house. Well! I read that most recommend NOT getting 2 males. I am nervous now because I don’t want to have 2 dogs fighting, I am getting the new pup for Enzo to have a buddy! Any help and insight would be so appreciated!!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! My name is Anne and I have the cutest Male Frenchie, Enzo. He is 1 yr 4mo old. He’s active and can be stubborn at times but not aggressive at all. He’s neutered and sweet. Recently, I found a local breeder who has the cutest litter or puppies available so I put a deposit on a male Merle cutie pie! After I did that, I started to research how to bring a new puppy in to the house. Well! I read that most recommend NOT getting 2 males. I am nervous now because I don’t want to have 2 dogs fighting, I am getting the new pup for Enzo to have a buddy! Any help and insight would be so appreciated!!

It really all depends on you snd how strong of a leader you are... some have no issues with two males, but it is definitely better than two females

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
WE have tow males that are three years apart. They get along just fine. If they get too loud when playing, we will stop the play and have them take a little break. Just if you get the pup, please monitor closely so the pup won't play too long as a pup needs plenty of rest.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
2 males together can be fine as long as you remain the alpha.