New Papa

jlhog

Reaction score
I am a new proud papa (61 years old) of Rex a 4 month old French Bulldog. My daughter in law has been caring for him since birth. He was born with a cleft pallet. At about 4 weeks she brought him to my house for a visit and said he is mine. I fell in love with Rex. He is scheduled for pallet surgery 8-24-22. He is smart and learning fast, except for house training. Hope we get that soon too.. He is fun and crazy which keeps me busy and entertained. He is stubborn like his daddy so we will see who wins. LOL
20220730_173326.jpg

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
I am a new proud papa (61 years old) of Rex a 4 month old French Bulldog. My daughter in law has been caring for him since birth. He was born with a cleft pallet. At about 4 weeks she brought him to my house for a visit and said he is mine. I fell in love with Rex. He is scheduled for pallet surgery 8-24-22. He is smart and learning fast, except for house training. Hope we get that soon too.. He is fun and crazy which keeps me busy and entertained. He is stubborn like his daddy so we will see who wins. LOL
View attachment 15969

He is a cute pup!

Hopefully other than the cleft palate, he won’t get other health issues, like allergies for example.

Hope the cleft palate surgery goes well.

I highly recommended feeding him a high quality food as soon as possible to prevent Any other health issues, especially while he is young. What do you feed him??

They definitely can be stubborn to train.
A bell at the back door would help.

jlhog

Reaction score
He is a cute pup!

Hopefully other than the cleft palate, he won’t get other health issues, like allergies for example.

Hope the cleft palate surgery goes well.

I highly recommended feeding him a high quality food as soon as possible to prevent Any other health issues, especially while he is young. What do you feed him??

They definitely can be stubborn to train.
A bell at the back door would help.
Rex is eating Royal Canin Bulldog Puppy Food. He sure likes it. Gobbles it down fast. I have heard about the bell trick, but I am extremely hard of hearing and would not hear it. Our Patterdale Terrier comes to me and will bark and growl when he wants out. And we are hoping he will be a healthy boy.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Rex is eating Royal Canin Bulldog Puppy Food. He sure likes it. Gobbles it down fast. I have heard about the bell trick, but I am extremely hard of hearing and would not hear it. Our Patterdale Terrier comes to me and will bark and growl when he wants out. And we are hoping he will be a healthy boy.

Royal Canin is not a good food, I highly recommend putting Rex onto a better food, Royal canin has lots of fillers and lots of ingredients that cause allergies and other health issues.

High quality kibble brands are;

-Acana
-Orijen
-Natures Logic
-Carna 4

Any of those brands I listed above are recommended, that better food will help his immune system and also not as likly for food allergies cause it doesn’t have the fillers like the following brands(avoid these brands):

Royal Canin
Hills
Science diet
Purina
Eukanuba
Bil jac
Pedigree
Iams

Anything with corn, wheat, soy, by-products(Chicken by-product for example), added color(Carmel colour for example), avoid these ingredients when looking for a good food, especially that he is a Frenchie, many health issues that are common in Frenchie scan be prevented thru good diet such as allergies.

Hopefully he does well with potty training!

jlhog

Reaction score
Royal Canin is not a good food, I highly recommend putting Rex onto a better food, Royal canin has lots of fillers and lots of ingredients that cause allergies and other health issues.

High quality kibble brands are;

-Acana
-Orijen
-Natures Logic
-Carna 4

Any of those brands I listed above are recommended, that better food will help his immune system and also not as likly for food allergies cause it doesn’t have the fillers like the following brands(avoid these brands):

Royal Canin
Hills
Science diet
Purina
Eukanuba
Bil jac
Pedigree
Iams

Anything with corn, wheat, soy, by-products(Chicken by-product for example), added color(Carmel colour for example), avoid these ingredients when looking for a good food, especially that he is a Frenchie, many health issues that are common in Frenchie scan be prevented thru good diet such as allergies.

Hopefully he does well with potty training!
OK, I will look into those. My daughter in law got the food from the vet she works at. You would think a veterinarian would sell good food. Potty training is not his best so far. He can sit and lay down on command most of the time and learning to shake next. We have only had him for about 2 weeks as my dil was caring for him. She tube feed him from birth until he could take solid food. She is due with my 1st grandson most anytime and needed a break.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
OK, I will look into those. My daughter in law got the food from the vet she works at. You would think a veterinarian would sell good food. Potty training is not his best so far. He can sit and lay down on command most of the time and learning to shake next. We have only had him for about 2 weeks as my dil was caring for him. She tube feed him from birth until he could take solid food. She is due with my 1st grandson most anytime and needed a break.

Vets are not taught in nutrition, only are told to promote the Royal canin, hills and Purina vet food because they teach the vet schooling, and are told to promote their food.

Vets also make $$$$ off that food🙁

Ingredients are fillers and waste/leftovers from human food(yuk!!).

So many health issues it causes unfortunately☹️
My 2 other dogs got kidney disease from that food due to the extra work the kidneys have to do on a low end food.

Awesome he can sit and lay down on command, hopefully he learns potty training just as quick!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to FBN… he is very handsome! Good luck with surgery.. praying all goes well.

you’ve gotten good advice on food… get off the RC it is all fillers not nutrition.