NuVet Plus Supplement

Molly

Reaction score
I am going to give Nuvet a try. Molly had a little issue with Demodex Mites when she was about 3 months old. I say "a little issue" because I have seen pictures of dogs that look like they had a lot of hair loss and irritation. The vet was treating the mite problem with NexGard. Molly's skin cleared up quickly. The other day the vet office said we could continue the NexGard treatment, or go without it now to see if her own immune system is strong enough to take care of the problem now. I decided to go without the NexGard for now. I know there is a risk of the problem flaring up again, but I will go right back to treating her if it does. I just ordered Nuvet after reading that it help develop the dog's immune system. I am hoping Molly's immune system is built up enough now to keep the mite population down. If not, hopefully the Nuvet Plus supplement will help. Has anybody else tried this approach?

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
I am going to give Nuvet a try. Molly had a little issue with Demodex Mites when she was about 3 months old. I say "a little issue" because I have seen pictures of dogs that look like they had a lot of hair loss and irritation. The vet was treating the mite problem with NexGard. Molly's skin cleared up quickly. The other day the vet office said we could continue the NexGard treatment, or go without it now to see if her own immune system is strong enough to take care of the problem now. I decided to go without the NexGard for now. I know there is a risk of the problem flaring up again, but I will go right back to treating her if it does. I just ordered Nuvet after reading that it help develop the dog's immune system. I am hoping Molly's immune system is built up enough now to keep the mite population down. If not, hopefully the Nuvet Plus supplement will help. Has anybody else tried this approach?

Nexgard is a good product for tick and flea protection too, so you might as well continue that if dog is being exposed to that all year.

Molly

Reaction score
Nexgard is a good product for tick and flea protection too, so you might as well continue that if dog is being exposed to that all year.

Thanks for the info. I did think about that. We are from the Chicago area and it's getting cold. Snow will be here soon enough. I think the vet is taking the seasonal timing into consideration. I don't think we will go too long without using NexGard for flea and ticks.

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I did think about that. We are from the Chicago area and it's getting cold. Snow will be here soon enough. I think the vet is taking the seasonal timing into consideration. I don't think we will go too long without using NexGard for flea and ticks.

Probably you can stop giving flea and tick from December-March, and resume in April, check with your vet.