Opinions needed about puppy

Franky42

Reaction score
Hello,
I saw a similar post earlier, but what are and opinions on if the little boy is a full Frenchie or if people think he is mixed with another breed? I as because he is not the typical Frenchie price (we are told that the original owner fell on hard times), and we’re just not sure. We are a seasoned Pug family, and are experienced with brachycephalic breeds. Thank you.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture? Not the typical Frenchie price because it seems too low or too high? I would be wary of anyone charging too low of a price on a Frenchie puppy and especially if it’s mixed with another breed. At the end of the day, a mixed breed is a mutt regardless of whatever fancy name they’ve been given for their “breed.”

Buying a “cheap” Frenchie will usually end up costing you more in the long run because of health issues.

Franky42

Reaction score
I have tried to attached the photos to know avail. they must not have originally attached. They are charging around $1600 for him. We’re just wondering, does anyone more familiar with Frenchies able to tell that he’s a full Frenchie or not?

Attachments

• 71028125-51EC-477A-869F-102F3F6351CE.jpeg
    71028125-51EC-477A-869F-102F3F6351CE.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried to attached the photos to know avail. they must not have originally attached. They are charging around $1600 for him. We’re just wondering, does anyone more familiar with Frenchies able to tell that he’s a full Frenchie or not?
I don’t think he’s a full Frenchie and if he is, he’s not a well bred one. I personally would not buy this this dog. $1600 is not the cost of a well bred Frenchie from a responsible breeder.

Franky42

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s a full Frenchie and if he is, he’s not a well bred one. I personally would not buy this this dog. $1600 is not the cost of a well bred Frenchie from a responsible breeder.
We are definitely thinking there’s another breed in there…maybe pitbull, which is a fear in case we move. The sellers don’t have any pics of the parents to verify anything. Thank you for your help.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
We are definitely thinking there’s another breed in there…maybe pitbull, which is a fear in case we move. The sellers don’t have any pics of the parents to verify anything. Thank you for your help.
Lots of red flags. Good luck in your search.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hello,
I saw a similar post earlier, but what are and opinions on if the little boy is a full Frenchie or if people think he is mixed with another breed? I as because he is not the typical Frenchie price (we are told that the original owner fell on hard times), and we’re just not sure. We are a seasoned Pug family, and are experienced with brachycephalic breeds. Thank you.

He definitely does not look like a full Frenchie, and $1600 is definitely very cheap for a Frenchie.

When getting a puppy, I want to make sure I meet the parents and get the health records of the parents.
When looking for a Puppy and we asked to meet the parents, we found out it was a random person getting these Frenchie pups from a puppy mill! So I continued to look around for good breeders before I got my Frenchie.

You definitely want to be able to meet the parents and see the place/condition they are raised in. And also should be able to have the parents health records too to know if any potential health issues.

If it was me i would not get that puppy.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree with others... move along, too many red flags