Peeing when I am not giving her constant attention

Britt113

Reaction score
We just got a new Frenchie. Since I am home all the time we thought it would be the perfect time to raise a new pup. While I love her to pieces she also doesn't like me to do anything else besides play with her or sit with her. If I do anything else though she will start peeing constantly everywhere. Even if I am just in the kitchen trying to cook or do the dishes. Does anyone have any advice? I know she is just a baby, its just becoming impossible to be able to do anything around the house without her peeing every 5 to 10 minutes. I am very consistent with a puppy pad and she will go when I bring her to it (Most of the time) but even if she goes and I start doing a chore or something she will start peeing everywhere. Sometimes she will just look at me squat and pee right in front of me. Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks so much
Brittany

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to FBN.... search the forum, as this is a common issue I had a very difficult time with my boy, we did a two hour potty ached for two years till he got on track

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
She is still a pup, but they are stubborn also. You might try to put her in a crate, or play pen (X-pen) when she is by herself. Put pee pads in one side of the X-pen for her to go. She will eventually grow out of this.

Nalapotato

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my frenchie. I sought out a trainer and this is what worked for us. You need to teach your frenchie BOUNDARIES. She has too much freedom. Choose a space in the house; bathroom, laundry room, ect. If shes kennel trained, every time you take her out of kennel. Immediately put her outside. You have to watch and if she doesnt potty, she goes back in kennel for 10-15 minutes and repeat. Do this as many times as you need until she goes potty OUTSIDE. Once she goes outside, bring her inside and put her in her space. Do not let her roam around the house. Take her outside every 45 minutes to an hour for potty breaks. Slowly increase the time between potty breaks. Do this for a week and see if it helps. Its super important that you keep her in her space and no where else. Give her toys and stuff and keep her on a water schedule. Do not just leave water out until she can pee outside. It took a couple weeks of doing this and weve had no accidents. Not one. Weve increased her space to include kitchen now and still no accidents.