Pet Ramp/Stairs

Mavis

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pet ramp or stairs that their dog actually uses? We have "stairs" made of two boxes that Jelly uses to get on the bed, but he won't use them to get down. He jumps off the bed - a lot - and it concerns me for his back. Our bed is pretty high. Any recommendations appreciated.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Our bed is high and thankfully Jax doesn't jump on and usually doesn't jump off although he has a couple of times. We just lift him up and down.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pet ramp or stairs that their dog actually uses? We have "stairs" made of two boxes that Jelly uses to get on the bed, but he won't use them to get down. He jumps off the bed - a lot - and it concerns me for his back. Our bed is pretty high. Any recommendations appreciated.

A ramp would be best for getting on and off the bed.

Rusty does not do any stairs or jumping on or off furniture, I would be more comfortable with a ramp than stairs, however both stairs and ramp is safer than him jumping on or off the bed.

I have not had to buy any yet, so I don’t have a particular brand I recommend, but a ramp is definitely a good idea for Jelly.

How does Petey get on or off the bed and couch?

Mavis

Reaction score
How does Petey get on or off the bed and couch?
Petey is so lightweight, he uses a small stool that we have by the bed to hop up on, and then he is able to make it on the bed easily. He also uses it to get down, too. He can do it easily even with his cone on. I can't wait for that thing to come off, although he is doing very well with it.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Petey is so lightweight, he uses a small stool that we have by the bed to hop up on, and then he is able to make it on the bed easily. He also uses it to get down, too. He can do it easily even with his cone on. I can't wait for that thing to come off, although he is doing very well with it.
Can you teach Jelly to use it too??
That’s good he doesn’t have an issue with the cone on, how is his eye?

Mavis

Reaction score
Can you teach Jelly to use it too??
It's too short and small for Jelly to be able to reach the bed because he's so big. He needs something higher and more stable.

Petey's eye is doing great. He is so good about us putting his eye drops in and doesn't fuss at all. He has a follow up with the regular vet on Monday. I hope he tells us we can take the cone off.

Jelly will be seven months old on Monday, 8/15. We got him at ten weeks. 😇

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
It's too short and small for Jelly to be able to reach the bed because he's so big. He needs something higher and more stable.

Petey's eye is doing great. He is so good about us putting his eye drops in and doesn't fuss at all. He has a follow up with the regular vet on Monday. I hope he tells us we can take the cone off.

Jelly will be seven months old on Monday, 8/15. We got him at ten weeks. 😇
Oh ok, i would look into a ramp then for Jelly, Petey must be much smaller than Jelly.

Glad Petey’s eye is getting better, it’s good he is good when you put eye drops in, it’s much easier when they let you put it in without them making a fuss, Rusty is like that too, he lets me do anything I need to do(eye drops, nail trims and anything extra), it’s like he says just do it and get it over with! That’s what he acts like he says I think, even at the vets.

Good luck with the vet appointment on Monday, hope it’s healed and the cone can come off.

Wow time is flying, he must be getting bigger??

Any recent photos of Jelly?? Haven’t seen any photos for a while of Jelly.

Mavis

Reaction score
Any recent photos of Jelly??
Ha! That's all I have are photos of Jelly!!! (and Petey). 😁 We didn't weigh them on Friday, but I suspect Jelly is near 17 lbs. Petey weighs just over ten.

Attachments

• Jelly 2 - 8-12-22.jpg
    Jelly 2 - 8-12-22.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Jelly - 8-12-22.jpg
    Jelly - 8-12-22.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 5

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Ha! That's all I have are photos of Jelly!!! (and Petey). 😁 We didn't weigh them on Friday, but I suspect Jelly is near 17 lbs. Petey weighs just over ten.

They are So cute! Jelly is adorable(and Petey too)!

Sounds maybe Jelly will weigh about the same as Rusty.

CutieFrenchie

Reaction score
We also have a tall bed. Bought a 4 or 5 foam step and Charlie started to use it right away.

Figure we'll do the same for the couch, even though it's not too high. It was either a 2 or 3 foam step. Charlie never used it. Would rather jump up and off the couch,

So tried a ramp. Started using it right away. I say she uses the ramp about 75% of the time.

Might as well get a ramp for the bed too. It is relatively steep though but she uses it 99% of the time. She was go up the ramp halfway and jump onto the bed a lot of times lol. Same with leaping off the ramp. Crazy dog.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
We have a bench for then to use, but w no longer allow Cheli to jump up or down.. he is lifted