Poop eating. How can i make her stop ??

Lalique

Reaction score
Lalique is 4 months old and we have been noticing she is eating her poop when we are not home. We see the puppy pads dirty but no sign of the poop.

Since she cannot get out the house just yet we usually pick after her immediately but we cant when we are at work. We don’t leave her more than 4 hours per day alone.

I’ve read of some products that could make the taste disgusting for them but with poor reviews.

Any products or options you could recommend, and thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalique

Reaction score
Im giving her 160g per day.

50 morning / 60 noon / 50 afternoon

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
We have tried just about everything people suggest and none of them have worked with the poop eaters we have had in the past. The best thing I can say to do is pick it up as soon as they go. That's what we had to do.

ChrisRN

Reaction score
We have tried just about everything people suggest and none of them have worked with the poop eaters we have had in the past. The best thing I can say to do is pick it up as soon as they go. That's what we had to do.

That is the key, I think. Katie is never allowed outside alone because she will eat EVERYONE’s poop. We had to put a barrier up below our deck because the little turd burglar was eating old poop that Ariel had left under there. The good news is, we no longer have to worry about stepping in it when we go out in the yard! Someone told me to get something to put in it that would make it taste bad. Really? It’s poop.

lisamarie

Reaction score
Uggg our Louie was a poop eater so I feel your pain! Nobody wants puppy kisses after munching poop! We tried canned pumpkin, pineapple, meat tenderizer, etc. to discourage the behavior to no avail. We feed ACANA brand & cleaned up his mess inside & outside but sometimes he was so fast to eat it! We ended up getting FORBID from our vet & mixed that with the canned pumpkin on top of his food. Maybe it worked, maybe he learned “NO!”, maybe we got faster, maybe he grew out of it? Wishing you the best of luck[emoji3590]