Puppy Acne

LaurenKristiRob

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I'm new to this website so I'm not sure if this question has already been asked! I pick up my little blue frenchie Gus next weekend and my breeder told me not to be thrown off if he has little bumps on his face as most blue and fawn puppies get them. I tried doing some research around and am getting mixed messages on the topic. Some sites said they are little pimples that dry and fall off and will eventually stop after a few months, others say see a vet and get cream. If anyone has any experience with this I would really love the advice!! Thank you!
Lauren

Pagan

Reaction score
Hello and welcome :)

I have a fawn boy Henry, he has puppy acne around him mouth (mainly under his chin)and I haven't taken him to the vets as it isn't causing him any pain and it's meant to cure it's self as he grows up :) there are a few things you can do to help like buying him metal or ceramic bowls and not plastic.

I also feed Henry half a spoonful of coconut oil with his tea. I'm not sure if it's just a fluke but since I started feeding him coconut oil his puppy acne hadn't been as bad :)

5962dbec264d46057d4454cfa51a35cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaurenKristiRob

Reaction score
Thank you for responding to me!! I will definitely try that! One more question, Tea?? I've never read about giving them tea? :)

Pagan

Reaction score
Thank you for responding to me!! I will definitely try that! One more question, Tea?? I've never read about giving them tea? :)

Ahahaha I'm so sorry, I keep forgetting not everyone is from England on here. Tea as in their evening meal, not the drink :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frenchie Mommy

Reaction score
Our Wyatt (brindled Frenchie) had puppy acne around his chin and on the side of his muzzle when little. The coconut oil helped him the most at that time. I would mix some in his food...plus warm some up in my hands and rub in on his muzzle and chin everyday. It cleared it all up in a week. I didn't know about NuVet Plus supplement at the time but when we got our second Frenchie we started them both on it. Clancy has never had the puppy acne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Katewilcox

Reaction score
My brindle frenchie also has acne under his chin. He's 10 and a half weeks today and I just noticed it while he was sleeping. He has stainless steel bowls and I wipe his face with a warm cloth regularly. Should I be feeding him coconut oil?image.jpg

hannah

Reaction score
Interesting....
Banksy has bumps on his chin/mouth area like that too, and I never knew it was acne?