Puppy questions!

trishkidd24

Reaction score
First- are rawhides safe for FB puppies? Our baby is 10 weeks old and I think she is going through a serious teething phase and dying to chew on anything. We have some long skinny rolled type raw hides that don't break apart easy at all but keep her busy. Are these safe as long as we are monitoring her while she chews? Or does anyone recommend anything better?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375409492.301819.jpg

Trish & Margie :)

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Hi Trish and Margie! Welcome to FBN. We don't give our Bulldogs rawhides at all. Nylabones and Kongs are safer. Margie is a cutie!

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Alright, We did a google search last night and saw that it wasn't a safe idea for them. I definitely need something safe and hard to chew since she is teething so I will look into buying some Nylabones. Thanks!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
:nono: Bad, rawhide, bad! Get Kongs and stuff them with peanut butter, banana, cream cheese and freeze them... the cold helps with the teething pain too

FindBehr

Reaction score
I agree with 2bullymama, all my dogs have loved Kong products and they come in a few different sizes and shapes. You can find them at almost any pet shop and they are virtually indestructable too, definitely a good purchase.

MamaAndi

Reaction score
Stella loves her nylabones. It was her favorite chew thing for her first year.

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Thank you everyone! I picked up a small kong today :) hopefully freezing it helps!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Yes stay with Nylabones and Kongs, to chew on.

petitsfilous

Reaction score
Bernies favourite teething toy was a raw carrot! To sooth his hurting gums, I'd pop it in the freezer for 10 mins before letting him have it.
Cheap and good for them :)

trishkidd24

Reaction score
"Thanks everyone for suggesting Nylabones to my mom! I love the flexi chicken flavored ones for puppies!" - Margie
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375927554.653285.jpg

WilbursDad

Reaction score
We give our puppy nylabone and kongs also. But he loves his bullystick the best by far. It is all natural and is digestible (unlike rawhides).