Puppy size

Cjcarol

Reaction score
We put a deposit on a litter with a reputable breeder. We have 1st pick on a female standard color. The litter were all the same size at birth, 3 males(2 cream 1sable) 2 females ,cream and a fawn. We chose the fawn and she is adorable. At about 4-5 weeks we saw that she is noticeably smaller than all the others. She is coming on 8 weeks and still quite small. She seems normal in all aspects other than size. Mom is about 18 lbs. i am going to have her health checked before we pick her up. My question to you all is : am I putting too much thinking about her size?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
We put a deposit on a litter with a reputable breeder. We have 1st pick on a female standard color. The litter were all the same size at birth, 3 males(2 cream 1sable) 2 females ,cream and a fawn. We chose the fawn and she is adorable. At about 4-5 weeks we saw that she is noticeably smaller than all the others. She is coming on 8 weeks and still quite small. She seems normal in all aspects other than size. Mom is about 18 lbs. i am going to have her health checked before we pick her up. My question to you all is : am I putting too much thinking about her size?

yes... do t worry about it, they all grow at different times and sizes. As long as she is healthy, that is what truly counts.

Cjcarol

Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance. So excited to start this journey.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, they are all different sizes. Some breeders require a vet check within 72 hours of pick up. I have 3 dogs and I brought all three to the vet for a check right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk