Rain coat that actually protect the ears?

CutieFrenchie

Reaction score
Charlie had her first ear infection early this month, yeast according to the vet. Actual cause unknown. Maybe from a bath, rain, or allergy?

I'm actually surprised it hasn't happen before with us living in the PNW. Took 1 year and 10 months.

Anyways we use to have a back patio that she could go out quickly and do #2 when it was raining. She was pretty quick to get the job done. If it was dry, she'll do it on her walk.

Our current place forces us to walk every time. She is great with #1 and does it practically on command. #2 sometimes takes a while to find that perfect spot. I've had to do 30 min walks around before. Now if she doesn't do it in a timely fashion we go back in. About 10 mins or so, unless it's her big walk.

The rain jacket we have doesn't protect her ears well. They will pop out of the hood when she's looking around. Does well to keep her upper body dry though. I typically walk her with a collar but with the rain jacket, I have to use her harness, which she absolutely hates.

Any recommendations to protect the ears on rainy days?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
You can put cotton balls in ears while out in rain , then remove once home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I was also going to suggest the cotton balls when it is raining. She won't like it though, or just dry them when you get home.