Raw Barf feeding model

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Has anyone had any real success long term with the raw Barf diet? I keep researching nothing but good things about it and was wondering if anyone on here is doing good on Raw feeding. There was a post already back from 2013 on here but, just wondering if anyone else has made the switch. Where are you sourcing your proteins from?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any real success long term with the raw Barf diet? I keep researching nothing but good things about it and was wondering if anyone on here is doing good on Raw feeding. There was a post already back from 2013 on here but, just wondering if anyone else has made the switch. Where are you sourcing your proteins from?

Yes, I use BARF, but I do not make it myself. I purchase from a place in the Pocono area of Pennsylvania. I rotate proteins between turkey, duck and rabbit. I used it for years with our first two and returned to it about two years ago for our current two.

Our boy Lambeau was experiencing seasonal flank alopecia, constant ear infections and irritated paws. Once on raw... all of that went away due to his severe environmental allergies, he is on Cytopoint shots every eight weeks from April till October.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Is it necessary or recommended to do an allergy test before going raw?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it necessary or recommended to do an allergy test before going raw?

Doing one will help give a base line... I did a full blood panel allergy test, which is not 100% accurate but gives a good idea of what to avoid. But, you can also do process of elimination feeding... do one protein ata time and watch for reactions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FroxerMom

Reaction score
I also switched to raw and it greatly improved my female's health (also had ear infection and interdigital cysts) among other ailments. She is sensitive to most proteins and many things in the environment irritate her (grass, weeds, cotton) etc...I saw improvements almost immediately on raw. I have used the same company as 2bullymama and also have tried the PREY model recently to see if having a grind without fruit and veggies helped out at all. I'm not really seeing a difference, so I may just rotate every month between that company and Tuckers as it comes prepared with a tray and you just toss a patty in the fridge to thaw 24 hours in advance.