Red spots in ear

AAhmed

Reaction score
I've just noticed red spots in my puppies ear could anyone please advise. See pictures attached thanks.PXL_20220316_091953753.jpgPXL_20220316_091953753.jpg

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Definitely Looks like a allergic reaction.

How is his allergies lately???
What food is he on and what proteins??
How is the paw licking and red eyes?
Did you end up finding a food he will actually eat??
Did you try any of the suggestions, supplements or paw washes and eye drops suggested to help allergies???

AAhmed

Reaction score
Hi so completely of poultry now. Just pro pet raw complete meals. The venison and beef and tripe. Paw licking isn't as bad but still there. Eyes on and off with the redness. We do regularly clean his paw with water wipe. Not sure what eye drops to try. He still eats a fair bit of grass so I think something is still bothering stomach.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Glad to hear he is off poultry and that you are wiping his paws, that should be helping hopefully.
For the eye drops, use Eye Stream which you can get from most pharmacies or some online places sell it and it’s fairly cheap and lasts a long time. I use it daily for Rusty and it’s completely safe for dogs(both the regular vet and the vet dermatologist told me to use it to get rid of allergy irritations from his eyes) and it really does help. 2 or 3 drops per eye.

How long has he been on these protein options without poultry?? All those proteins you said he is on are great for allergies but it can take up to 12 weeks to actually get rid of the allergy from his system(for example poultry if he ate it in the last 1 month it can take another 8 weeks to be fully out of his system). If he is allergic to grass I definitely recommend not letting him eat the grass(some dogs eat it because they like the taste not always due to stomach upset). If he is eating grass and is allergic to grass that can also cause the red spots on his ear due to allergy reactions to grass.

Have you tried the Thrive Herring oil for the inflammation? Or any other allergy supplement such as Bovine colostrum??

Rusty gets those red spots on his ear(he actually had 1 spot on his ear yesterday because of allergy season starting).

For those red spots on his ear, I use a antibacterial wipes to clean those spots, as long as they stay clean they should go away once his allergies are back under control.

Keep us updated!

AAhmed

Reaction score
He really like the venison eats 400g a day and it a complete meal. Beef and tripe he is not so fond of but eats it by dinner when he hasn't eaten during the day. A couple of charcoal biscuits help with the wind.

AAhmed

Reaction score
Is Eye stream an eye wash or eye drops ? I'm looking at some now they seem to be eyewashes.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
That’s awesome he really likes the venison formula!

Eye Stream is a eye wash, but you just put 2-3 drops in each eye per day.
It comes in a 30 ml or 118 ml bottle(I get the 118 ml bottle and refill the 30 ml since it’s a better deal) but the 30 ml is a small bottle that does last a long time and it’s very easier to use the 30 ml bottle when putting 2-3 drops directly into each eye. If a little bit goes on his fur when applying it it’s not a big deal just like a couple drops of water.

Have you tried herring oil or bovine colostrum for allergies and inflammation??

When his allergies are under control the red spots on his ears will go away and heal.

AAhmed

Reaction score
Ok getting eye wash now. Haven't got either of the other 2 yet but also looking at them now so will give you an update shortly on how we get on with them. Thanks again.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Ok getting eye wash now. Haven't got either of the other 2 yet but also looking at them now so will give you an update shortly on how we get on with them. Thanks again.

Ok sounds good!

Definitely keep us updated!
I am happy to help😊

AAhmed

Reaction score
Seems like issues are pretty constant at the moment can anyone advice on what could be causing this.PXL_20220319_145813521.jpgPXL_20220319_145813521.jpg

AAhmed

Reaction score
We use zaflora to clean floors and he does not walk on floor untill it's dry.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Seems like issues are pretty constant at the moment can anyone advice on what could be causing this.View attachment 15768View attachment 15768

Is that from him chewing paws or was that from a walk? All 3 of my dogs paws get like that after a walk sometimes if the pavement is too cold on their paws or stepping on a rock can do that as well. Put some paw soother on it and then as a preventative use Paw Tection.

It definitely looks like he scraped it on a walk.

If it’s from him chewing his paws it would definitely be red in the middle of his paws between his paws.

Have you tried the Eye stream? Have you tried the Herring oil or bovine colostrum(the brand I get for Rusty is Four leaf Rover and that’s the one that works best) we have tried a few brands of bovine colostrum and the Four leaf rover is the brand I get and it works great and I only have to give 1/16 tsp to 1/8 tsp daily. Which is very small amount. When giving the bovine colostrum make sure it’s given in empty stomach because it works better(like 20 minutes before breakfast before he eats anything). It costs about $15 or less per month and if needed you can increase the amount you give like Rusty when going thru reaction I give 1/8 tsp not 1/16 tsp. It does take some time for the allergies to improve. Natural treatments also take a little bit longer sometimes to know it’s working.

He still can be getting rid of the poultry in his system since it can take up to 12 weeks.

But I do think his paws are from a walk he scraped them it looks like. Even in the yard he can scrape it when running.

Keep us updated!
I am happy to help😊

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Paws like like a possible burn from hot pavement …. I use mushers secret to help keep them protected from cold and soften them too

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
I use Natural Dog company balms(Paw soother, Pawtection and I keep all the other balms at home too, they all work great for healing sores and heals the paws!