Regurgitating after drinking water

LittleMonsters

Reaction score
Hi all - we've got an appointment at the vet's later today but I just wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions or ideas for what might be going on with my Ripley.

About a week or so ago, she had eaten her usual meal around 7pm or so, and then about 9:30pm she drank water from the bidet (for those who don't know what it is, it's basically like a low sink, in other words she drank running water from a faucet, which she loves) and immediately regurgitated her entire meal with the water. It mostly looked undigested. We figured she had just drank too quickly, or the flowing water from the bidet caused an upset tummy, and didn't think much of it. A few days later, the same thing happened, after again drinking from the bidet, so we decided no more drinking from the faucet for now. Then yesterday evening after eating a few hours earlier, she drank water from the water bowl, and again regurgitated (I don't say vomited because there weren't any stomach contractions or drooling, she just spewed out her food and the water). She then went to her bowl to ask for some more food, so I gave her a small amount of dry kibble (gastrointestinal) and she was fine, but at 3am she went to get a drink like she sometimes does, and again, regurgitated everything. Same thing this morning, so I've now taken away her food and water until we get to the vet's later today. But I'm concerned as to what could be going on, as this doesn't seem like your typical upset tummy. It consistently happens RIGHT after she drinks water, no mater the source, and no matter how long since her meal.

I've read all sorts of things on the internet (which one should never do) but I have no idea what it could be - gastritis, soft palate, allergies, or esophageal problems, or worse?

Any one been in the same boat before?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax has regurgitated from drinking too much water too fast. It can definitely be soft palate or maybe just indigestion.

Keep us posted!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
This happens to Cheli at times too... drinks too fast or too much, but I would have the palate evaluated if it continues to happen more often