Remy is my angel now

Fosta Mama

Reaction score
I had to help my best friend Remy from his pain tonight. This past week his condition worsened dramatically. He had not eaten in a week and drooled non-stop. A repeat sonogram showed his entire stomach was now affected, and he had fluid in him abdomen. We tried giving him a strong steroid injection and Prednisone, but it did nothing to help stimulate his appetite.

Although unconfirmed, Remy's internist still feels strongly that he had lymphoma.

5 years ago today, I picked up Remy from his neglectful owner after they relinquished him to FBRN. I fostered him for almost ten months, and finally decided to apply to adopt him myself after no appropriate applications were received. He was my first foster failure. I'm glad I failed, because I couldn't imagine life without him.

I loved that little wonky-walking dog. He was my best friend. He was who I came home to see every lunch and evening. I miss him so much already.

Please hug and kiss your babies tonight, in Remy's memory.

5th Gotcha Day 004.JPG5th Gotcha Day 009.JPG5th Gotcha Day 011.JPG5th Gotcha Day 013.JPG

blushy

Reaction score
I am so heartbroken for you. This brought me to tears.

I am so sorry that you had to lay your darling Remy to rest but as you said, you definitely gained an angel.

Thank you for sharing him with us!

I will keep you in my thoughts.

[emoji173]๏ธ

Rest in peace, sweet boy! You were so loved!

Chiana

Reaction score
My deepest condolences.
It was an honor to get to know Remy, even for this short while.
He was a brave boy. Rest in peace and remain in our memories :angelheart:

Tgirl

Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss. He was a lucky boy to have spent the last 5 years with someone who loved him so much. RIP sweet fellow.

MaplesMommy

Reaction score
I am so,so sorry for your loss.
I never know what to tell people when they lose their baby, because I dont think one can put in words what you feel in such situtation. :( You can be certain that all of us will keep you in our thoughts. I am sure Remy is happy and healthy now,wherever he may be. He is just waiting for you, until the day comes when you will meet again.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
So very sorry for the loss of your sweet boy.... Such a wonderful life you gave him! Hugs and prayers to you

Rest in peace sweet Remy

:angelheart:

winginit66

Reaction score
I was so sorry to read this, however, Remy was so lucky to have found you. To know that his last years were the best of his life has to be a huge comfort to you. And, as you said, you helped him from his pain - the biggest gift we can give our pets.

Thinking of you.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. I'm so glad you were able to give him such the happy, loving home that he deserved. My thoughts are with you.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Rest in peace sweet boy. I am so sorry for your loss. :heart:

Mavis

Reaction score
Oh, Fosta, I am so sorry. I just saw this now. I am just so, so sorry. Remy was such a darling little angel. God bless you and help your through your grief. You will see sweet Remy again.

turbodave

Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear about sweet little Remy!! He had such a wonderful caring mommy! He is at the Rainbow Bridge now, where there is no more pain, no sorrow, lots of friends and grass to run in!! Bye Sweet Boy!

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear about Remy :(. He was so lucky to have you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss of your baby. He was a beautiful Frenchie and now he is pain free.

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. Always such a difficult decision to make for our furbabies. I am thinking of you and your family.