Reverse sneezing and a nosebleed

Dash

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m super concerned and need some advice. My Frenchie (almost 5years old) had an episode of reverse sneezing at 3am. He doesn’t get them often but when he does I just plece my fingers over his nostrils and open his mouth for him to breath. But this time around he had blood coming out of his nostrils. His nose wasn’t bleeding to long ( a few min). He is calm and relaxed now and no more bleeding. I gave him a benedryl and have put the humidifier on (he sleeps in bed with me). He is acting fine right now. But I am really stressing out and wonder if this has happened to anyone else? I plan on taking him to the vet in the am. But hope it’s nothing serious. Any advice ? Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m super concerned and need some advice. My Frenchie (almost 5years old) had an episode of reverse sneezing at 3am. He doesn’t get them often but when he does I just plece my fingers over his nostrils and open his mouth for him to breath. But this time around he had blood coming out of his nostrils. His nose wasn’t bleeding to long ( a few min). He is calm and relaxed now and no more bleeding. I gave him a benedryl and have put the humidifier on (he sleeps in bed with me). He is acting fine right now. But I am really stressing out and wonder if this has happened to anyone else? I plan on taking him to the vet in the am. But hope it’s nothing serious. Any advice ? Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance!

I have never heard of bleeding during these episodes.. nor have I experienced with any of my pups. Going to vet for check up is what I would do to... could be just like us and he broke a blood vessel, but getting him looked at us best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve never experienced a nose bleed either. Please keep us posted!

TJagena

Reaction score
Finn has those episodes once in awhile, have never seen blood? They last for 30 seconds maybe and then he seems fine. Good to ask the vet, like Christine said!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
We get reverse sneezing, Buster always sticks his nose in everything, but have not had a nosebleed.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Could be from the dry weather from the heat on. The humidifier should help, if not then I would ask your vet.

Dash

Reaction score
Hi everyone, sorry for the delayed update. Bentley is doing fine, it was a combination of dry heat and the weather. I have the humidifier on every night. Hopefully we will never have to experience that again. Thank you all for your concerns and input :)

Archie262016

Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing. I wondered the same thing for our dog, Archie. They are susceptible to drying out in the nose and mouth with having a smushy face, poor dogs.

james1991

Reaction score
Our pup gets them bad during allergy season (no blood tho) I find the vet trick I to grab their tongue . Works like a charm .