RIngworm or Staph?

nola_love

Reaction score
Help! My poor baby who is 2 months, woke up one morning with a small dot on her forehead. I didn't think too much about thinking it was a scratch and in just a few weeks it was inflamed and more red dots started to appear. I'm waiting on the results from the Vet, but curious to see if anyone has experienced this. Thanks, community

Attachments

• IMG_2321.jpeg
    IMG_2321.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2322.jpeg
    IMG_2322.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2323.jpeg
    IMG_2323.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 4

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Help! My poor baby who is 2 months, woke up one morning with a small dot on her forehead. I didn't think too much about thinking it was a scratch and in just a few weeks it was inflamed and more red dots started to appear. I'm waiting on the results from the Vet, but curious to see if anyone has experienced this. Thanks, community
At that age it could be mange/mites... have the vet skin scrape to determine which it is... mange or staph. However, looking closely at the photos, it could be a hot spot which is due to weaken immune system. save the infected area and keep it clean and dry. Give some probiotics until you get to the vey for confirmation

nola_love

Reaction score
Appreciate the response. I made a mistake! Nola is 2 YEARS old, not 2 months :/

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Appreciate the response. I made a mistake! Nola is 2 YEARS old, not 2 months :/
Then it most likely a hotspot... nothing a vet can do but shave and clean it for you. And, good chance he is having a reaction to food or something in the environment. What food are you currently feeding and which protein

nola_love

Reaction score
I haven't changed her diet, she's been eating the same thing. Chicken or Beef with yogurt

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't changed her diet, she's been eating the same thing. Chicken or Beef with yogurt
Both of those proteins are high allergens for bulldog breeds.... switch to Duck or turkey or another novel proteins.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score

Looks like it’s a hot spot from a allergic reaction, Rusty had that before I Put a spray on it to keep it clean to prevent infection(Adored Beast brand -Owies Oopsies spray) which I find very effective for wounds and open sores and keeps it clean to prevent infection.

I would switch her food, do you cook the chicken for her??

Also the yogurt for humans is pasteurized which kills the probiotics most people give it for, which it can cause inflammation in dogs, so I recommend getting her on a high quality dog probiotic(Four Leaf Rover brand-Protect probiotics OR Adored beast brand Probiotics-Love bugs OR Gut Soothe probiotic) I rotate they them all for Rusty with his allergies. It really helps.

I would also recommend omega 3 oil(herring or salmon or pollock oil). Or Safe Sea green lipped mussel oil.

And also the best most effective thing other than diet that helped Rusty’s severe allergies, Bovine Colostrum powder supplement(I buy the Four Leaf Rover brand OR Thrive brand). That’s the best for allergies, so helpful to the immune system and helps with environmental allergies.

Give the bovine colostrum powder 30 minutes BEFORE breakfast(put it in dish by itself and they lick it up), it works best if used on empty stomach.
Give it daily.

And also it’s good to avoid chicken, and also rotate between fish, duck, beef, pork and other proteins she isn’t allergic to as feeding the same protein every day can create food allergy.

Do you cook the chicken for her or is it pre made for dogs?? What other ingredients other than yogurt are in her food? And what treats do you use?