Rough Puppy PLay

Buster and Barney

Reaction score
Hi All,
We have an 18 month old called Buster who is well trained and a very mellow chilled little fella. He wants to play with every dog he meets on walks to the point of wimpering.
So we decided to get another frenchie as they are such an awesome breed. We bought a 10 week old puppy named Barney who is alot more confident and forward and is partially potty trained already.
The slight issue we have is when the to boys play it often gets to the point were Barney ends up attaching himself to Busters loose skin on his face or nips his legs. They want the toy the other has at the time and usually ends up a play fight that gets abit out of hand if not nipped in the bud. The havent yelped or been over aggresive yet but im a bit concerened as Barney gets older and bigger will it esculate.
Now this maybe normal puppy play but would like any advice you may have.

Thanks Paul

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,
We have an 18 month old called Buster who is well trained and a very mellow chilled little fella. He wants to play with every dog he meets on walks to the point of wimpering.
So we decided to get another frenchie as they are such an awesome breed. We bought a 10 week old puppy named Barney who is alot more confident and forward and is partially potty trained already.
The slight issue we have is when the to boys play it often gets to the point were Barney ends up attaching himself to Busters loose skin on his face or nips his legs. They want the toy the other has at the time and usually ends up a play fight that gets abit out of hand if not nipped in the bud. The havent yelped or been over aggresive yet but im a bit concerened as Barney gets older and bigger will it esculate.
Now this maybe normal puppy play but would like any advice you may have.

Thanks Paul

Totally normal behavior. Buster should correct Barney when he’s had enough. At 10 weeks, they love to bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Totally normal! Stella used to hang from Jake's jowls as well! It will get better.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed... totally normal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mavis

Reaction score
We have a ten-week old puppy, Jelly. He's only been here three days, but man! Very sweet and very smart, but he loves to try to initiate play with out ten year old Chi, Petey. Jelly doesn't bite Petey but is in his face and very persistent. Poor Petey snaps at him bad, but it doesn't do much to deter him. I feel like that is all Petey is doing. Now I am trying to correct, ("No,)" after it goes on too long.