Scratching

L05tB0y

Reaction score
Hi all, I've got a 15 month old female frenchie. (Blue & Tan) she won't stop scratching & rubbing her back end (where she can't reach) on my settee or other furniture.
I changed her food about 6 weeks ago so I've stopped it for the last two weeks but still scratching.
I've also tried her on Anti histamines for the last two days but still the same atm.
Is their anything else I could try please.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi all, I've got a 15 month old female frenchie. (Blue & Tan) she won't stop scratching & rubbing her back end (where she can't reach) on my settee or other furniture.
I changed her food about 6 weeks ago so I've stopped it for the last two weeks but still scratching.
I've also tried her on Anti histamines for the last two days but still the same atm.
Is their anything else I could try please.

What food are you feeding her now??

Does she do any of the following(other than scratching):
-licking paws
-fur loss
- red/irritated skin
-bumps/hives

If she does any of the above ad well as the scratching it could be allergies. Rusty has allergies too, but it’s managed thru the diet and supplements.

How long has she been doing this for??

Is it the tail area your referring to where she is itching the most?? Have you had her anal glands checked??

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
If it's just her back end (butt area), it could be her tail pocket, a hot spot or anal glands.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree -- check for a tail pocket or her anal glands might be full and need expression. What food are you feeding?

Pen

Reaction score
Its her belly and paws. Her belly gets red and sometimes bumpy. I am trying paw soaks in iodine for the licking now. So we'll see how that goes. But the belly itching IDK.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Its her belly and paws. Her belly gets red and sometimes bumpy. I am trying paw soaks in iodine for the licking now. So we'll see how that goes. But the belly itching IDK.
That sounds like rugs or grass allergy if it her belly and paws... they are touching the ground.