scratching

tj5678

Reaction score
hi i’m really unsure what to do she won’t stop scratching it’s getting bad i can’t afford to take her to the vets atm 😔 i feel like i’m such a bad person for not being able to take her is there anyone who’s had the same problem or is there anything someone thinks will help her

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
hi i’m really unsure what to do she won’t stop scratching it’s getting bad i can’t afford to take her to the vets atm 😔 i feel like i’m such a bad person for not being able to take her is there anyone who’s had the same problem or is there anything someone thinks will help her

Scratching is usually allergies related.

What are you feeding her now? She could be allergic to her food.

Does she have bumps, rashes, hives on her skin? Is her skin red and irritated?

Have you tried bathing her to help the itching?

Bovine colostrum supplement works great for allergies, but I would make sure she isn’t allergic to her food first.

tj5678

Reaction score
Scratching is usually allergies related.

What are you feeding her now? She could be allergic to her food.

Does she have bumps, rashes, hives on her skin? Is her skin red and irritated?

Have you tried bathing her to help the itching?

Bovine colostrum supplement works great for allergies, but I would make sure she isn’t allergic to her food first.
hi she has a lot of red skin she’s constantly scratching we bath her regularly to help soothe her skin but it seems to never work we’ve noticed that she has been bitten by gnats and it’s causing her to itch more and thank you for recommending me this she is fed on bakers

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
hi she has a lot of red skin she’s constantly scratching we bath her regularly to help soothe her skin but it seems to never work we’ve noticed that she has been bitten by gnats and it’s causing her to itch more and thank you for recommending me this she is fed on bakers

What are you using to bath her with? Maybe it’s not working cause she could be allergic or sensitive to it.

Bakers is very low quality food, also made by Purina(full of fillers/waste from garbage bin), all of which can cause allergies and inflammation and many health issues!

Avoid the following brands as they are all fillers;

-Purina(all the foods they make)
-Hills
-Science diet
-Royal Canin
-blue Buffalo
-anything from vet or grocery store.

Good quality brands:

-Natures Logic
-Carna 4
-N&D

Her immune system needs help from her allergies from the low quality food.

I would switch her to better quality food to help with the itching, and if not much improvement I would try the bovine colostrum powder supplement(I buy the Four Leaf Rover brand), that’s for environmental allergies if she is allergic to pollen and other things once you know she isn’t allergic to her food.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like an issue with food or environmental allergies.... try to find a better food you can afford . Also, to try and give some relief till you can change foods... give Benadryl 1 mg per pound 2x a day