Show Quality French Bulldog??

WhataGem

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the world of frenchies. I purchased my first frenchie this past October. She is now four months old. My intentions are to show her in conformation AKC shows. I have experience in showing AKC competition obedience, but I have very limited experience showing conformation. I have signed up to be in a handling class with the local Kennel Club. My question is, are there any breeders/show folks on this forum who could help me with their expertise? I have read the breed standard, and I don’t believe my frenchie has any serious faults. But I do see some things I am “unsure” about. I just don’t want to take the classes if she isn’t going to “make the cut” as a show dog (which is totally fine with me either way, she is a loved pet above all).

I can post pictures.

Thank you in advance for any help!

WhataGem

Reaction score
Right now her ears are curled back due to teething 7D30097C-FDF7-415A-A7D9-590E76C8CA23.jpeg

Attachments

• 70D9EE27-FB71-4072-899A-F000E86CA642.jpeg
    70D9EE27-FB71-4072-899A-F000E86CA642.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 30

Jeffc

Reaction score
I have no advice on showing her, but she’s definitely beautiful! Welcome to the forum, there are many knowledgeable people here.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
[MENTION=4]davidh[/MENTION] shows and breeds Frenchie. I show English bulldogs. You are doing an excellent start by reviewing the breed standard and taking handling classes. Another thing you can do is find your local French bulldog club and go to a meeting. They should be able to help you. You can also find local dog shows and go meet people that way as well.

And while we all like to think our dogs are “perfect”, there is no such thing. They pretty much all have some sort of fault even if it’s minimal.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
What a beautiful baby! Welcome to FBN…. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk