skin problem maybe ?

nerja10

Reaction score
hi everyone,me and my wife own ramos our frenchie and have noticed some small black spots/patches that have appeared on his side ?at first we thought it was maybe oil or something on his fur but it seems to be showing through his fur as we have felt around the area but cant feel anything,we saw lastnight that he has more now showing is this a skin allergy starting ? he is fawn colour with black mask and just over a year old

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you post a picture? Is he scratching at the area?

nerja10

Reaction score
hi,no hes not scratching it and yes i will post a picture

nerja10

Reaction score
my wife thought it was maybe his summer coat ?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a fawn with black mask too and I've never seen black spot on him like that. Hopefully someone else will be able to chime in or maybe you can take him to the vet and have it looked at.

nerja10

Reaction score
they are only on the side in the photo,cant feel anything on his skin no scabs or anything,he is 14 months

it looks like oil marks and seems to be on his coat ? we thought it was strange especially when more seemed to appear

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking is is seasonal flank alopecia ... no itchy or painful just A loss of fur... you can rub unrefined coconut oil on it and also give vitamin D to help control it. But just to be sure have the vet check and rule out mange or skin infection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nerja10

Reaction score
hi,thanks for reply and we will pick some coconut oil up and try that on him,the only thing is trying to stop my sisters lhasa apso from licking it off haha,will also run him round to the vet for a quick check

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
hi,thanks for reply and we will pick some coconut oil up and try that on him,the only thing is trying to stop my sisters lhasa apso from licking it off haha,will also run him round to the vet for a quick check

:giggle: lhasa has to control her licker!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
It is a skin infection brought on by allergies. Henri gets it every summer.