Small Bald Spots on Head?

mmeyer

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

We currently have a 9-month old frenchie named Archie and we just got him a sister, named Sophie. She's a blue and tan and is currently 15 weeks old (almost 4 months old). We have had her for about two days now and noticed she has a few small bald spots on her head, only one being totally noticable. She goes to our vet tomorrow and we will ask, but I was curious if anyone else has seen anything like this?

I've read with the blues they can have alopecia or I've read it could be allergies or mites?

Thinking of reaching out to the breeder and seeing if her brother has the same spots. Our other is a fawn pied and has no skin issues at all.

Please let me know what you all think, anything would be appreciated! See pictures attached.

Thanks!

IMG_3156.JPG
IMG_3155.JPG
IMG_3157.JPG
IMG_3126.JPG

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
At that age it could be mange or mites or something. Definitely have the vet do a scrape tomorrow.

When my bulldog was a puppy he had little spots on his back like that and a round of antibiotics took care of it.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to FBN.... she is adorable!!

It is probably mange... very common in puppies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
Very cute ! If vet says it's mange you can give Nexgard once monthly for a few months which will get rid of mange and also prevent fleas and ticks.

Peachz13

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if you ever discovered the reason for the bald spots on Sophie's head?
I have a 13 week old Blue Frenchie who has the exact looking bald spots with a larger circular spot in the middle of her forehead.
They all appear on the head only. No readness, itchyness, etc.
The hair doesn't appear to be growing back.