Sore bits / in heat

MyFirstFrenchie11

Reaction score
Hello all, Our Frenchie baby has come into her first season, we’ve been managing okay-ish without nappies so far - however because she isn’t long/bendy enough to lick herself clean, she ends up going in circles and rubbing it on the carpet.. it seems like it’s getting no quite sore, we try to clean it for her but she still keeps trying to do it herself and getting quite upset that she can’t reach :( any tips on how to help soothe her? Thanks In advance :)

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hello all, Our Frenchie baby has come into her first season, we’ve been managing okay-ish without nappies so far - however because she isn’t long/bendy enough to lick herself clean, she ends up going in circles and rubbing it on the carpet.. it seems like it’s getting no quite sore, we try to clean it for her but she still keeps trying to do it herself and getting quite upset that she can’t reach :( any tips on how to help soothe her? Thanks In advance :)

I dont have any recommendations other than getting her some doggy ‘pants’ for dogs In heat.

Shellyanne

Reaction score
Hi my frenchie has sore bits at the moment I noticed her yesterday licking herself so I checked her and it's red and sore. There is no discharge coming from her she has been spayed but she has a grass allergy and has been sitting on the garden even though I wash her under carriage when she's been on the garden she gets sore. She's on antihistamines I have been bathing her bits gently. Any advice would be great. Shellyanne.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi my frenchie has sore bits at the moment I noticed her yesterday licking herself so I checked her and it's red and sore. There is no discharge coming from her she has been spayed but she has a grass allergy and has been sitting on the garden even though I wash her under carriage when she's been on the garden she gets sore. She's on antihistamines I have been bathing her bits gently. Any advice would be great. Shellyanne.
It could be her food.... if you are feeding chicken try switching to turkey or duck or another novel protein to see if it helps

Shellyanne

Reaction score
Hi luv I have some dermacleanse wipes from the vets which have been brilliant. She has her bloods on Monday to see what she's allergic to food and other allergies the hair plucks have confirmed it's alapecia she has got just want to see if the chicken and biscuits she's also allergic to il keep you posted. Shellyanne .

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi luv I have some dermacleanse wipes from the vets which have been brilliant. She has her bloods on Monday to see what she's allergic to food and other allergies the hair plucks have confirmed it's alapecia she has got just want to see if the chicken and biscuits she's also allergic to il keep you posted. Shellyanne .
What food have you been feeding her???

Sometimes you may not even need to do a allergy test if you just try changing to high quality food.

Yes keep us updated.