Tail Pocket Issue Starting

Jordanmyles

Reaction score
Hi all,

So right now we are detoxing Bella, just switched her to a raw food last Wednesday and I think her body is ridding it self of the sugars from her last kibble food. I just noticed (last night) a very yeasty area on her tail, I put some coconut oil on it, and I will monitor the next few days.

I read the tail pockets thread a few weeks ago, and have been frequently checking the area, though difficult because it is impossible to lift her tail. She deff has a tail pocket, not too deep though.

Just this morning I am seeing a few brownish/redish hairs peaking out from the area, so I am concerned something has started in there, and want to know if anyone can suggest some safe cleaners for the area, some successful methods for cleaning, and at which point should I be concerned.

Thanks!!!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I used witch hazel for my bulldog --- cotton pad or an unscented baby wipe soak in witch hazel

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Buster has a tail pocket we discovered when it got infected. He was sitting, bouncing and spinning on the floor and his mouth was opening and closing. The vet got it cleaned out and we do regular cleaning with unscented baby wipe. We have the vet do a deep cleaning every 4 months!