watering eyes?

Echo

Reaction score
Hello!

This is my first post. Thank you for having me!

I have a six month old boy. Since we brought him home from the breeder, his eyes water. It's not tear stains and it's not eye gunk. It's just clear water. It runs down the wrinkle under his eye to his jaw, so his fur is always damp there. The skin inside the fold is red and the fur has worn away because of it. What can I do? The vet thinks it's just watery eyes from allergies, but I don't want to keep him on Benadryl for his whole life. Should I be cleaning that wrinkle daily? I wipe it with a cloth throughout the day, but it's always damp.

Any personal experience or opinions on this matter would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

echoeye.jpgechoeye2.jpg

Gka

Reaction score
It sounds like the folds are red because he may have developed yeast. I give Yuki Zyrtec and use Curesab wipes to help control it and constantly dry his folds so the moisture doesn't sit there. Yuki's allergies get bad spring through summer. I also changed his food to Fromm pork and that also helped.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Did the vet check to see if there are any ingrown eyelashes? His tear ducts could be blocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
My guy constantly tears too... allergies, but I would have his eyes checked to rule out any issues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk