What even is this? Pink/brown splotches on belly. Pics

NicoleMD

Reaction score
Hi friends,

I’ve got a head scratcher for ya. So my 2 year old frenchie, Wilhelmina, started developing what I thought to be a rash on her tummy early this spring. Thinking it was yeast or allergies I took her to the vet where she said it was just oily glands attracting dirt and to wipe her belly down every night. That did nothing.

Here’s what we’ve tried:
Zymox shampoo (limiter success when left on for 10 mins)
Chlorixidine wipes
Bully wash ( vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, water, peppermint oil)
Yeast creams
Anti inch creams
She’s on honest kitchen limited ingredient turkey since she has allergies to yeast, wheat, chicken, whitefish and eggs.

Her paws are rusty like a yeast infection but she doesn’t smell yeasty and she isn’t scratching. It’s almost like I need a grease cutter. She’s got what look like little blackheads, too. I’m like this close to trying acne wash, lol! Don’t worry I would never do that without vet permission. Help!

47646743-1B75-4E8C-867C-0E8D1F37E2D8.jpeg
AB39E522-79A1-4162-98A4-04915ACEA51B.jpeg
AB39E522-79A1-4162-98A4-04915ACEA51B.jpeg

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
I'm not sure what it is, but doesn't look like anything to worry about. I would try switching her from turkey to another protein like duck (eg. Honest Kitchen spruce) since turkey is pretty close to chicken. A good shampoo to wash her with weekly in summer is chlorhexidine/ketoconazole ( eg. ketohex, curaseb ). Try to avoid sugars, so just give her vegetables for snacks like steamed green beans, or freeze dried liver as another example.

The ultimate food for her would be frozen raw, as it's the least allergenic plus contains all the active enzymes from raw food.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheli sometimes gets this too... i was with chorhexidine and then rub with coconut oil... and as Honeys owner stated... avoid sugars too, Cheli LOVES fruit, but I have to limit it for boys my boys due to yeast

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NicoleMD

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, guys! We went back to the vet, and as it turns out, she suspected it was an allergic reaction of some kind. Possibly the turkey food since, like some of you suggested, it's so close to chicken (which Minnie has a confirmed allergy to). We were advised to switch to a lamb, kangaroo, or pork food and also gave her an allergy shot. We found a great lamb food with no triggers in the ingredients and her skin is now back to smooth, cool and pretty pink. We will see here in the coming weeks if it stays that way after the shot wears off. If it returns it's probably a grass allergy and Minnie will have to stay on allergy shots until the fall.

Poor babe!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, guys! We went back to the vet, and as it turns out, she suspected it was an allergic reaction of some kind. Possibly the turkey food since, like some of you suggested, it's so close to chicken (which Minnie has a confirmed allergy to). We were advised to switch to a lamb, kangaroo, or pork food and also gave her an allergy shot. We found a great lamb food with no triggers in the ingredients and her skin is now back to smooth, cool and pretty pink. We will see here in the coming weeks if it stays that way after the shot wears off. If it returns it's probably a grass allergy and Minnie will have to stay on allergy shots until the fall.

Poor babe!

Is the allergy shot... Cytopoint? If yes, it should last 6-8 weeks. We get them for our Bulldog Nd he is running right about eight weeks before we need to get another

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NicoleMD

Reaction score
[MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] it was a cytopoint shot and it wore off with no recurring bumpies, thank goodness!