White spots on the nail

MiniFrench

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Has anyone here ever seen a white spot on the nail before? I was looking at mini this morning, and noticed a small white dot on her nail .. Her nails are usually transparent (you can see the red vein part clearly). But today i saw a small white spot develop. is it because she is lacking calcium? or zinc?

I'll take a picture later on but anyone here experience this before?

CristianL

Reaction score
I'm interested in the subject, too. Our Pepper has black claws and all of the sudden one claw turned white(a dirty white). I've looked the problem up on Google but no definitive answer as to what may cause it. Some say immunity problems, others say it could be a fungus of the nail.
I've waited thinking that she bent it the wrong way when running around and it would grow out black again from the root, but it's still white down to the starting point.
Curious if anybody else had encountered a similar issue.
Thank you all for your time :)

shortstuff

Reaction score
I wish I could offer help, but I've got sympathy! Bisou doesn't have white spots, but she has a similar nail color change developing. On several of her nails, the top half (longways, not by growth) has turned a reddish brown color while the rest of the nail remains black. Keep us updated if you find out anything!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
They are normal and doesn't hurt anything and usually go away. Most are caused by an injury at the nail bed.

Last edited: