Hi Everyone! This is my first post

Fosta Mama

Reaction score
Hi everyone! :) My name is Erika, and I live in the desert valley area of southern California. I have been a volunteer with the French Bulldog Rescue Network for several years now. I have fostered 13 Frenchies thus far, and have "failed" with 2 of them. Prior to fostering Frenchies, I fostered Boston terriers and a litter of orphaned newborn kittens.

My Frenchies are Remy and Travis.

I have had Remy for 4 years now, and he is 10 years old. He has spinal issues that he was born with, in addition to degenerative changes of the spine over time. I fostered him for ten months and nobody applied for him, so I ended up adopting Remy myself. He is a happy boy but can be grumpy to other dogs when he wants to. But I just love him to death!

Then there's Travis. I fostered him for a couple of months when my dear Boston terrier passed away tragically following complications from a diagnostic procedure right before Christmas. Travis has been a huge help to healing my broken heart, and I was allowed to adopt him just 2 days ago. Travis was a stray and is between 1-2 years old. He has chronic skin allergies but is doing much better with a regimen of medicated baths, limited ingredient diet, and medications. Travis is a total sweetheart and quite the lapdog.

002.JPG
Remy (black) and Travis (cream)

smile.jpg

in the leaves.jpg

Welcome Waggin! 017.JPG

smile.jpg

warren peace

Reaction score
Great story. Big hearts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while walking my Frenchie.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Hi Erica and welcome to the site. Bless you for taking these beautiful babies in and giving them a fur-ever loving home. Loved the pics of your babies, they look great.

Tgirl

Reaction score
Hi and welcome. What a wonderful thing you have done for so many Frenchies in need. :)

eeturk

Reaction score
Welcome from another Erika :). Thank you for all that you have done for these frenchies in need!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

winginit66

Reaction score
Hi Ericka and welcome! I would live to touch base with you on how to get involved as a volunteer!!! Maybe you can connect me with someone on the East coast.

Thank you for opening your home to Frenchies in need!

Anne, Gidget, Olivia and Wilson

Mavis

Reaction score
Hi Erika,

Wonderful story. Congrats on adopting Travis! He is so lucky to have a forever home. I'm sure Remy likes him more than he may display. :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and :welcome3: to FBN.... thank you for all you do for the rescue babies! Your boys are adorable!

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
What a touching story, so happy they found you! Welcome to FBN!

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
Welcome! Good on you for volunteering for a Frenchie rescue! Your pups are adorable! I'm very sorry for the loss of your BT.

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Hi Erika and welcome! So sorry for the loss of your Boston. I'm glad Travis is helping ease the pain. So wonderful that you have helped so many frenchies. You have a big heart:heart:

Fosta Mama

Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Hi Ericka and welcome! I would live to touch base with you on how to get involved as a volunteer!!! Maybe you can connect me with someone on the East coast.

Thank you for opening your home to Frenchies in need!

Anne, Gidget, Olivia and Wilson

Anne, FBRN is a national rescue (US and Canada) and we have volunteers all over. Please visit French Bulldog Rescue Network :: Help FBRN for info on volunteering. (I apologize if links aren't allowed here).

I encourage everyone to volunteer, for any cause, this new year. If you'd like to volunteer for Frenchie rescue, that'd be great! There are lots of ways to volunteer. Most people only think of fostering, but not everyone is in the proper situation to do it. You can donate money or items, you can organize a fundraiser, you can do home visits for potential adopters, pull shelter dogs, help transport dogs. etc.

And for those who could foster, but think that you'd never be able to let them go, please think again. You can be stronger than you'd imagine. Fostering saves lives! Just think of it as puppy-sitting. You are helping a homeless Frenchie get better physically, behaviorally, and emotionally so that they will be ready for their forever home. Depending upon the rescue, you can hold an important role in choosing the perfect forever home for your foster dog.

As an example, here are some of the pets I've fostered (missing a few of the most recent ones)-

foster collage.jpg

and some that I've helped along the way (temp foster, transport, shelter pulls, etc)-

volunteer collage.jpg

It is SO worth it!!

πŸ†• Latest posts