Reading between the lines???

mhuinker

Reaction score
So, I see this adorable little male, on a rescue site.........
is there something in this very breif description that I should be reading between the lines about???? .....

"Will need to have ongoing reinforcement at minding his manners, but he is eager to please.

Behavioural Issues
Rambunctious, energetic, needs a lot of exercise."

I can't help but wonder if it might be something where I would be in over my head with his behaviour??

Any opinions?

Dgaffler

Reaction score
I read it as... he is just like MOST other young dogs, very hyper an probably chews anything in sight, nibble bites and jumps on people. Do you know how old he is? I have never had a dog that wasnt a challenge and they all have turned out to be great well mannered adult dogs.

mhuinker

Reaction score
I read it as... he is just like MOST other young dogs, very hyper an probably chews anything in sight, nibble bites and jumps on people. Do you know how old he is? I have never had a dog that wasnt a challenge and they all have turned out to be great well mannered adult dogs.

Yes, he is 3 years old.

mcraven2

Reaction score
Sounds a lot like my 3 year old male English Bully! He is great and he loves everyone and every dog, but sometimes he just gets TOO excited!! It isn't a big deal but we just need to remind him to calm down a bit lol! :)

Debra

Reaction score
Maybe he will need obedience class? Or he could be a dog that "takes advantage" of the owner & owner needs to be smarter than him? Maybe his previous home let him rule the roost?

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Some Frenchies are just very hyper, he may calm down with some direction and he may never calm down. I would see if they will let you go see him and see just how hyper he is. He may calm down some and can be trained. You just never know.

MamaAndi

Reaction score
I always read that as, the dog will need an owner who can be the "pack leader" :)

Babette

Reaction score
Hey, sounds just like my Babetty the Terror. I wouldn't trade her for the world!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I always read that as, the dog will need an owner who can be the "pack leader" :)

That was my thought too.... Needs to be aware and most likely lots of exercise to keep focus

๐Ÿ†• Latest posts