Blues

mhuinker

Reaction score
I just want to start by saying, I'm not considering a blue breeder at all. However, I've heard that blue bred Frenchies are usually not healthy. What are some of the issues they may or do have? Just curious.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I'm afraid I am no help on that one. :( I haven't heard anything good or bad. I just don't believe in breeding pups that are not to AKC standard, English or French.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with David :yes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

winginit66

Reaction score
I am not either and don't feel good about supporting a breeder who does. How can they have AKC registered puppies from blue parents? That's what I don't get. I guess if they get one by accident that is one thing.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't understand all the breeders that advertise blue puppies as AKC??!!??

Alice Kable

Reaction score
My understanding is that blues tend to have more skin problems and the "rare" colors come from recessive genes. So reverse that and 2 blue parents could have normal colored offspring. To me, getting a rare colored pet of any kind is just asking for health problems.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
agree... just not worth the risks, health is what should matter to the breeder, not the color

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have heard that the blues are more prone to having health issues as they are not "natural" so to say, as inbreeding is done. Not sure if that is true or not.

πŸ†• Latest posts