Cough

Aidana

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a female frenchie. We got her when she was 5 months old, after 1 month she got kennel cough, vet told us that it will go away by itself, but she ended up with pneumonia and had to be administered and put in oxygen box. After that we had 2 weeks of antibiotics. Cough was better but was still there. We went to the vet again saying that the cough is still there for which we got another 16 days of antibiotics. She still has the cough!!! Unfortunately me and my husband got our salaries reduced due to covid, and are not able to take her to the vet again and honestly I don’t want to put her through another antibiotics treatment, she is my small baby and everyone knows that even for adult humans antibiotics are not very healthy. Other than cough and gagging sometimes which increases when she’s excited, she’s normal happy dog, with a good appetite. It’s been 5 months since she has this cough, can it be chronic cough? Has anyone encountered this?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a female frenchie. We got her when she was 5 months old, after 1 month she got kennel cough, vet told us that it will go away by itself, but she ended up with pneumonia and had to be administered and put in oxygen box. After that we had 2 weeks of antibiotics. Cough was better but was still there. We went to the vet again saying that the cough is still there for which we got another 16 days of antibiotics. She still has the cough!!! Unfortunately me and my husband got our salaries reduced due to covid, and are not able to take her to the vet again and honestly I don’t want to put her through another antibiotics treatment, she is my small baby and everyone knows that even for adult humans antibiotics are not very healthy. Other than cough and gagging sometimes which increases when she’s excited, she’s normal happy dog, with a good appetite. It’s been 5 months since she has this cough, can it be chronic cough? Has anyone encountered this?

Try using a vaporizer to help at night near her crate or where she sleeps. It could be elongated palate too which would be a vet visit to confirm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

🆕 Latest posts