My frenchie is allergic to EVERYTHING...

MontysMom

Reaction score
Hi all,

So with the recent summer season coming into effect, so did the dandelions in my area.
Monty is only around the 2.5 year old mark at this point, and I've never noticed a reaction from him to these until last month.
He instantly started with the red spots under his belly and the back of his legs.
He also began to rub and stretch across any door mat he could find in our house attempting to get some kind of relief.
So... after it hadn't cleared up at all on it's own, I decided to bring him to the vet.
She recommended allergy testing and in the meantime while we waited for results, gave me some antibiotics and anti-itch meds for him.
Long story short, his results came back within a few days, only to find that he is quite literally allergic to EVERYTHING.
I mean, every single thing that they could possibly test for, he was allergic.
I was sent home with some Omega 3&6 supplements for him, and a bag of Royal Canin hypoallergenic food.
The food cost me an arm and a leg and quite honestly, will not even last him 3 weeks at most... which kind of sucks.
My main question is, does anyone else out there know of a hypoallergenic food that I might be able to try out that isn't going to cost me $80+ every single time?
If I have to keep with this dog food, then I guess there's not a whole lot I can do about it, whatever is best for him.
Just thought I would put some feelers out there to see if anyone else has experience with this issue or might have any suggestions?

Thank you for the read. :)

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax is allergic to everything green outside. He’s raw fed and he’s been on Cytopoint for a few years now which has been a game changer. I used to have to bathe him every week with a medicated shampoo but now he can go a few months without needing a bath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
My bulldog is the same.... as Citty stated, raw fed and the Cytopoint shot is the game changer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Mine is allergic and/or sensitive to pretty much everything from cotton, mold, grass and weeds, to chicken, rabbit, and fleas...
When I put her on raw duck and goat's milk, it helped immensely. I also tried Cytopoint but it did not work as it has for so many other people. My dog is having a really hard time right now with the outdoor allergies. I do the best I can for her and wipe down paws, butt, and belly every time we come in from outside. Weekly baths with a 4% Chlorhexidine shampoo and daily Zyrtec.

Marisol

Reaction score
Hi MontysMom and everyone,

What you describe is exactly what I live now. 6 months old Diego, red belly and back of his legs, he scratches a lot and is after any mat at home, but he was doing this on the grass and on the side walk so he became really irritated. ( from pink to red). I got to the conclusion he is allergic to something in grass or the grass itself because we have been walking him on the side walk only yhe last 3 days and he got better. (from red to pink again).
I grounded oats and make a milk that i put i some water anf washed his belly with it to calm, just like i did with one of my kids who had exzema.
I also apply to him a product called Manuka Honey spray, whichalso seem to help.
I saw the vet yesterday, she wanted to sell me a Cortisone spray (very expensive) but one of my friend has it and will bring it to me. The vet told me to put some Polysporine that I have at home and if it has a little Cortisone it can help too.
I was also offered to buy the Hypoallergenic food (extremely expensive) i refused. Now his eats Hill's puppy food but we plan to change to Raw food with supplements.
My friends have a frenchy who eats raw food and he is very strong, lean, and active. Of course he is not eating Carbs fillers in the kibbles.