5m old frenchie allergy

britmorg

Reaction score
Hi!

My 5 month old frenchie is still having issues on his food. He has horrific and constant gas on Taste of the Wild Ancient Stream and Acana Singles lamb. He is also allergic to chicken (severe itching and biting paws) we are worn out from trying to find a good food. Can you guys recommend what has worked for your frenchie? We are not interested in a raw diet at this time, also I don’t know enough about grain free (any input would be great).

Thanks for reading!!

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
I also have a very picky Frenchie who is allergic to everything. I currently home cook for him. He has had allergies since he was 5 months old.
Does he have environmental allergies too?

Grain free is best for allergies and for Frenchies. Rusty is allergic to all grains and chicken and others. The gas can be due to a food allergy which can be the grains.

I recommend trying a gently cooked food for him.
Really good store bought(they are balanced) and grain free.

Open Farm gently cooked(comes in beef, Turkey, surf and turf Which is salmon and beef and chicken recipe) just avoid the chicken recipe.

Raised Right human grade gently cooked

This comes in beef and pork and other protein options.

These 2 brands of gently cooked store bought food are balanced and low carb which is great for allergies and inflammation.

You can also home cook for him. I home cook for Rusty and it has definitely helped like the other low carb options I mentioned above but my Frenchie Rusty got tired of them because he is a very picky boy!

He used to have lots of gas from the food and the food allergy to grains and it literally doesn’t exist anymore! The food has helped so much!

You can add probiotics too to help the immune system and allergies.

Open farm beef bone broth has anti inflammatory super foods in it I give it every other week for immune boost. That also helps with gut health and allergies.

Bovine colostrum can help with itching(I use the brand four leaf rover) and I give it to him daily. It’s great for allergies.

Herring oil is good for allergies too( I buy the Thrive herring oil) it helps with allergies and inflammation and itching.

What allergy symptoms does he show???

Dry foods and most canned foods are high in carbs/starch which create inflammation so it’s best to give low carb gently cooked or raw. But definitely look into the 2 gently cooked brands that are pre made and balanced, they are grain free and low carb and great for allergies!

Keep us updated!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
My 2 boys are both on raw but my girl ears Open Farm kibble. I rotate through the proteins. I also add some freeze dried raw to her kibble or sometimes the Open Farm stew. But if they’re on a good food that agrees with them, the gas should be very minimal. Probiotics can help as well if you’re not already adding one in.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
try duck or turkey of a hi quality kibble…. Zingnature, Acana, Orijen, Open Farm are a few . Grain free is a better option as well.

🆕 Latest posts